Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus
  Re: (...)
Made this one for our late midday meal (when James is on the evening shift we eat dinner together instead of lunch before he leaves for work)
It was terriffic. I used Tilapia which worked well and the "Tartar Sauce With Attitude" was really good! Prepared the "Cabbage Slaw" for a side as they suggested too. It was quick and easy and very tasty. James went to work feeling full and satisfied
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by farnfam (Made this one for ou...)
Fish tacos (especially made with catfish) are one of my favorite things!!! Haven't had them for a while...Roy's not real crazy about them, guess that's why I haven't made them. Made my mouth water reading this tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by cjs (Fish tacos (especial...)
I've never eaten one but they sound delicious. I know they're easy to make. It's just a matter of time and deciding what to cook next in my 'must do now' stack.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by Half_Baked (I've never eaten one...)
I just can't get my mind around a "fish" taco. Many people I've talked to say they really like them, but I just CAN'T imagine it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by bjcotton (I just can't get my ...)
Billy that's the problem, you don't get your mind around them, you get your lips around them and then into your mouth to enjoy

They are delicious!! I do love the ones where you deep fry the fish and it has that light crunchy batter.

YUM!! I'm gonna make these this weekend
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by DFen911 (Billy that's the pro...)
Ya know??? I have had the same problem as Billy has---can't quite get my head around "FISH TACOS"---I have sort of looked at that recipe for some time--with your comments I just may TRY but will have a back-up----just in case. Still wondering though! What's there to lose?? Some time and ingredients--NO PROBLEM ---

Need more input from those who have tried it---PLEASE!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by Roxanne 21 (Ya know??? I have h...)
Roxanne, the fish is dipped and battered with flour and panko and it's very light and crispy. The tartar sauce recipe is spicy and refreshing. If you don't like the idea of filling a corn tortilla with it, leave that part out. But be sure to make the wonderful cabbage slaw. You might enjoy this once you try it. It's different. You could start with chips and guacamole washed down with Margaritas. Maybe flan for dessert with coffee. Let us know what you think if you do try it.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by farnfam (Roxanne, the fish i...)
OKAY!!! Yóu have twisted my arm!!! Next fish dinner---guess what I will be making!!! Thanx, Cis---sometimes a little tweak is all that is necessary--and I'm an easy sell!!! Will keep you posted--what an interesting menu!
We have awesome avocados year round---and guacomole will be an easy recipe--not too often with the "mexican" theme for our diet--but always nice for a change of pace--UMMMM---the taste buds are beginning to wake from the slumber!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by Roxanne 21 (OKAY!!! Yóu have t...)
Do you have this "thing" about margaritas Cis? Are they by any chance your favorite drink? Used to be mine, but now I don't even like the taste of booze.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Fabulous Fish Taco..... Weeknight Menus by bjcotton (Do you have this "th...)
probbly don't have an all time favorite Billyj, anything potent will do
Cis
Empress for Life