Hummus
  Re: (...)
I've never had hummus. I've always been curious about it. I can buy it already made at the store, but have a feeling it wouldn't be that good. Is this ganoush like it?
What does it taste like?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Hummus by Bizymomma (I've never had hummu...)
Wow, that's a hard one! Think garbanzos with seasonings - I've always thot it was kind of an earthy taste. I especially like it with the addition of Tahini (sesame-seed paste) - which then makes it hummus bi tahina.

In a pinch, I've purchased ready made, can't think of the brand at the moment, but it's pretty good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hummus by cjs (Wow, that's a hard o...)
The garbanzos make a great vehicle for the garlic, lemon, evoo and tahini....man I love hummus.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Hummus by Half_Baked (The garbanzos make a...)
Hummus is one of my favorite things to eat. I buy it at our local persian store. If you have one ask which name brand is the best. They will have a whole variety of them.
  Re: Re: Hummus by piano226 (Hummus is one of my ...)
I have a GREAT hummus recipe you will enjoy---it's basically a bean dean with lemon juice, garlic, tahini paste. I'll post tomorrow.

Ganoush is an eggplant dip.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Hummus by Roxanne 21 (I have a GREAT hummu...)
Since I'm not fond of garbonzo beans I've not tried hummus. It "sounds" disgusting. My neice keeps trying to get me to sample it. I told her if she brought some that was from anything BUT garbonzos I would. Heck, I'll just try it anyway, afterall I tried foie gras last year at Christmas with Jean...or was that the year before? Gettin' old sucks!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hummus by bjcotton (Since I'm not fond o...)
Oh forgot to mention that my favorite brand is called Sabra. I love their stuff
  Re: Re: Hummus by piano226 (Oh forgot to mention...)
And you dip what in yours?
  Re: Re: Hummus by Bizymomma (And you dip what in ...)
Pita bread!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Hummus by Roxanne 21 (Pita bread!!!!...)
toasted or plain?? I hate being so NI-EVE...LOL (bad spelling, I know)