Chutney Thank you
  Re: (...)
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for inspiring me with your chutney recipes. This afternoon, we were feeling a bit peckish. We've had a cheese in the friggie that we picked up in an Ottawa cheese shop. The man said it was like a very mild Limburger but in most ways like a Brie. Well, YUM YUM YUM!!! We set it out till it was all soft and then I chopped up an apple, some red onion, some grapes, @ a Tb cider vinegear, pinch of salt and pinch of red pepper. I think Lorraine suggested chutney with Brie. I sure wish I knew what that cheese was, it was WONDERFUL. And the chutney with the cheese and crackers was spot on for a great combo. It was, I guess the simpliest of chutneys, but I'm hooked now. I'll be making more and different kinds for sure. So thanks again everyone. Oh yeah, HIC, we was washed 'em down with cocktails, adding to the delight HIC.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Chutney Thank you by farnfam (Hi Everyone,[br]Than...)
Do tell....what cocktails did you serve with this??
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by Bizymomma (Do tell....what cock...)
Well to tell the truth this is totally James' department. But I think they usually have Vodka or Tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, some sweetener, and diet lemon lime soda, twist of lime on glass of ice. We read somewhere that Splenda (or whatever) causes the alcohol to enter your bloodstream much more quickly than reg. sug. To which James replied "They say that like it's a bad thing"
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by farnfam (Well to tell the tru...)
Quote:

We read somewhere that Splenda (or whatever) causes the alcohol to enter your bloodstream much more quickly than reg. sug. To which James replied "They say that like it's a bad thing"Cis

roflmao.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by Half_Baked ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
LOL!!!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by Bizymomma (LOL!!!!!...)
You'll have to make enough chutney to can some. I made I don't know how many pints of Mango Chutney. I got the recipe from a friend in Venezeula. My last pint of it went to our friend SugarBrown.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by bjcotton (You'll have to make ...)
Can you use green mangos with a touch of red for the chutney, Billy? I haven't even copied any of the recipes since our mangos down here are creepy.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by Half_Baked (Can you use green ma...)
Clive's recipe calls for them to be slightly under ripe. That's what I got. Most of them when they first get them in the store are under ripe and were just about right.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by bjcotton (Clive's recipe calls...)
Glad you liked it, CIS. Welcome to the wonderful world of chutney!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chutney Thank you by farnfam (Well to tell the tru...)
"They say that like it's a bad thing"

Oh, I'm gonna like JamesBoy!!!!

The last year or so working, I don't think I ever put out a cheese tray without chutney included and the last few months a honeycomb... oh my, what decadence.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com