Salmon
  Re: Re: Salmon by Roxanne 21 (This is very similar...)
ROXANNE: Your post blew me away. Orange and soy are my favorite ingredients for salmon too. Here's my recipe:

SALMON WITH ORANGE MARMALADE

1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1 1/2 lb. salmon filet
1/8 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 425. Combine first 3 ingredients stirring with a whisk. Place salmon on a rack on the broiler pan lined with foil. Spread half of the marmalade mixture over the fish. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake at 425 for 12-14 minutes.
Spread the remaining marmalade over the fish and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or til bubbly and lightly browned.
NOTE: The marmalade mixture creates a carmelized glaze that is awesome. This is the way I make salmon now except for the occasional rub with Emeril's "Essence" if I'm puttng salmon on the grill. This is a good one too.
  Re: Re: Salmon by VegasDramaQueen (ROXANNE: Your post ...)
What a great twist on my favorite---thanks, Gloria!!! This is printed and will be my NEXT salmon dinner---YUMMM!

BTW----nice to see you posting again!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Salmon by Roxanne 21 (What a great twist o...)
I realise this thread is about salmon not cauliflower, but cauli. is one of my all time favourites. I love it with everything, well almost. Mostly we have it steamed with a lovely light creamy cheese sauce over it. We use the stem too, in stocks, or veggie casserole, or anything thats going really.
  Re: Re: Salmon by vannin (I realise this threa...)
I agree with you on the cauliflower. I love it creamed, steamed with butter and salt and pepper, breaded and fried, (my alltime favorite) in salads, as a crudite with dips or anyway at all. Nothing beats the taste of a good fresh cauliflower - and salmon. LOL
  Re: Salmon by cjs (My favorite way with...)
SALMON WITH MARTINI SAUCE

2 cups dry vermouth
1/4 cup minced shallots
2 teaspoons coarsely chopped juniper berries
1 teaspoon crushed green peppercorns
8 oz clam juice or chicken broth
3/4 cup whipping cream
3 tbls butter

2 tsp olive oil
4 6oz skinless boneless salmon fillets
1 tbls chopped fresh parsley

1/4 cup sliced pimiento stuffed green olives
2 tbls dry gin
2 tbls fresh lemon juice
1 tbls fresh chives

Combine first 4 ingredients in heavy small saucepan. Boil until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup--about 12 minutes. Add juice or broth and boil until reduced by half. Add cream and boil until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup. About 8 minutes. Add butter 1 tbls at a time whisking until melted before adding more. Strain sauce thru fine meshed strainer. Return sauce to sauce pan. Keep at room temp.

Heat oil in heavy large skillet over med high heat. Sprinkle salmon with parsley, then salt and pepper. Saute Salmom until just cooked thru--abou 4 min per side.

Re warm sauce, stir in olives, gin and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place salmon on plates and drizzle sauce over. Garnish with chives and serve. FABULOUS!!--From a BA RSVP --Cobalt in New Orleans.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Salmon by Old Bay (SALMON WITH MARTINI ...)
That looks good too---too many choices for me--slow down guys!!! printed
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Salmon by Old Bay (SALMON WITH MARTINI ...)
Still have Salmon in the freezer - thanks Bill - will certainly try this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salmon by cjs (Still have Salmon in...)
That sounds like a martini with a little salmon in it! But I'm always on the look for salmon recipes and this looks great.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Salmon by Half_Baked (That sounds like a m...)
Finally - rather late, but I've never done a slow roasted salmon as Bill does. Doing it today!

By the way, I just emailed him - where the heck has he been...if he got a life, I'll never forgive him.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salmon by cjs (Finally - rather lat...)
Oh my, this salmon is very good, but have to admit I missed the caramelization that develops at higher temps. But, I'd do it again!!
www.achefsjourney.com