Drink, folks!!!!!
  Re: (...)
I mention this because I was in the Emergency Room ALL day yesterday with DH and a kidney stone----ooooHHHH, the agony!!! He is prone to have them due to multiple lower leg fractures from an auto accident many years ago. I'm ALWAYS nagging him to drink BUT this time he was dehydrated from a bad bout of flu-like symptoms and was unable to take in what he should. I can't imagine what he must have suffered through--he is generally stoic.

DRINK!!!! DRINK!!!! DRINK!!!!

Now we are straining the urine waiting for the delivery--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Drink, folks!!!!! by Roxanne 21 (I mention this becau...)
Oh Roxanne, it is now about 5 hours later and I hope this is all behind him and you and he's feeling much better! I know next to nothing about this, but drinking fluids is a good way to ward off kidney stones?? Good to know.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Drink, folks!!!!! by cjs (Oh Roxanne, it is no...)
*shudder* I hate pain and can't stand to see people suffering. Confusedad: I hope it is all over and he's jumping up and down by now...drinking alot of water.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Drink, folks!!!!! by Roxanne 21 (I mention this becau...)
Oh Roxanne I hope he has 'delivered' by now. Hee Hee Hoo...Hee Hee Hoo (lamaze breathing) I feel so bad for him

My DH went through the same thing about 4 years ago. He thought his back was out and went to the chiropractor and as time progresed and the stone continued his journey the pain became unbearable. They took him by ambulance to the hospital. They had to give him morphine (which of course plugs up the other end). He finally gave 'birth' to 2 strainers of sand and small looking gravel. Took him 3 days to pass it all.

Cranberry juice is a huge help!
  Re: Re: Drink, folks!!!!! by cjs (Oh Roxanne, it is no...)
YES!!!!! and cranberry juice is the best for this potential problem. He has delivered a beautiful baby flake of a freshly ground peppercorn--one of the little ones!! What a nightmare---we are now going through the process of clearing out the morphine from his system----does a number on the compus mentus status!!! Otherwise, "Dad" and offspring are doing beautifully!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Drink, folks!!!!! by Roxanne 21 (YES!!!!! and cranb...)
Been there done that Roxanne. Don't want to do it again. Hope he has "passed" everything by now and yes, drink lots of fluids...beer doesn't count.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Drink, folks!!!!! by bjcotton (Been there done that...)
Oh the pain. A friend of ours had a stagehorn stone, shocking thing, he was fortunate not to loose his kidney. It is certainly true that cranberry juice is good for the whole U.tract.