I'm Home Now
  Re: (...)
Arrived home yesterday about 2 PM. It's a trip of about 175 miles and it rained HARD about 3/4 of the way. That type of rain that you don't dare drive over about 50-55 mph cause the wipers can't keep the windshield clean. People passing like you were standing still. You know they can't see a darned thing. Oh well, I made it safely.

Now it's time to get serious about getting everything ready for New Zealand.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: I'm Home Now by bjcotton (Arrived home yesterd...)
Glad you made it back in one piece!

PJ
PJ
  Re: I'm Home Now by bjcotton (Arrived home yesterd...)
Glad you're back Billy, I hate driving in rain like that, and it is even worse at night, or fog, when your headlights just beam back at you. Just beastly. Well, you are back in your own nest now, and will not be missing that spice or this herb. Until you get here. Then, I suspect we will be hitting the supermarket. I still hardly believe we will be driving down the motorway to get you and Carol so soon. We have a big boot in our car so you can bring bundles of stuff. I think the weight limit is 20kg, (44lbs). When we toddle over to Queensland that is enough for us both. Get that bag packed Billy. We is waitin'.
  Re: Re: I'm Home Now by vannin (Glad you're back Bil...)
Happy to see you again, BJ! You're the most traveling guy that I know. Oh my word, I hate to drive in that kind of rain and I CAN'T do it at night because the glare reflects horribly with my contacts or glasses and I'm blind as a bat. I'd have to stop and get a hotel room.

You are so right about those drivers flying by at 70-80 mph...I'm scared they're going to ram me because I can barely see the vehicle in front of my car.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I'm Home Now by Half_Baked (Happy to see you aga...)
Well, as a reward for watching the house and dogs this last week I got a bottle [16.9 oz] of Mexican vanilla extract, a t-shirt that says CANCUN and $100. The vanilla exactly matches the bottle I got last time they went, which matches the 32 oz bottle one of my friends brought me back, which matches the other 32 oz bottle they gave me last time they went, plus I have another 8 oz bottle another friend brought me which sits right beside the Double-Strangth 4 oz bottle I have from Penzeys. If anyone goes to Mexico or any where else, PLEASE don't bring me any vanilla

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm Home Now by bjcotton (Well, as a reward fo...)
Sounds like you have some baking to do in your future!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm Home Now by bjcotton (Well, as a reward fo...)
Quote:

Well, as a reward for watching the house and dogs this last week I got a bottle [16.9 oz] of Mexican vanilla extract, a t-shirt that says CANCUN and $100. The vanilla exactly matches the bottle I got last time they went, which matches the 32 oz bottle one of my friends brought me back, which matches the other 32 oz bottle they gave me last time they went, plus I have another 8 oz bottle another friend brought me which sits right beside the Double-Strangth 4 oz bottle I have from Penzeys. If anyone goes to Mexico or any where else, PLEASE don't bring me any vanilla

Sounds like it's a good thing Christmas is coming....you can regift. Shoot, you won't have to do any shopping with all those bottles.
Jan

Re: Re: I'm Home Now by Half_Baked ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I won't be home for Christmas...wonder if they'd let me take a bottle to NZ?

I was checking out the Qantas website yesterday and they have new rules for people with Dell laptops. You can run your laptop on its battery or you can remove the battery and plug it in to the aircraft power. You cannot plug into aircraft power with the battery in the laptop. If you choose to take the batter out, you have to move to business or 1st class to use aircraft power. Looks like it'll be a long trip. Maybe I'll take a sleeping pill after we take off from Los Angeles.

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm Home Now by bjcotton (I won't be home for ...)
Time to bring out 'War and Peace' or other looong novels.
Jan

Re: Re: I'm Home Now by Half_Baked (Time to bring out 'W...)
I haven't traveled in a bit but I understand that there are TONS of fairly recent movies available--can pass a couple of hours anyway.

I always bring a boring book along with an interesting read--my mood dictates the moment---sleeping pills always make me more loopy than I already am---Johnny Walker, on the other had---bring it on!!!!

OHHH---the excitement is building!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy