Tomato Soup With Feta Cheese
  Re: (...)
Got this on another forum and Sharon gave it a good thumb's up, so tried it last nite - it's good!! Served with grilled Jarlsberg Cheese and Turkey sandwiches....great cold weather nite's dinner.

Tomato Soup With Feta Cheese
Serving Size : 4

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic -- chopped small
1 medium onion -- chopped small
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth (or stock)
1 can diced tomatoes -- (28 fluid ounce) or crush your own
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 1/8 cup dried oregano
1/16 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute' until very tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in flour and tomato paste; stir well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring slowly constantly. Pour in stock and mix well. Add tomatoes including liquid, oregano and sugar and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Puree' the soup mixture in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth, then return to the saucepan. Bring back to simmer. Season with salt and pepper or to taste. When serving, sprinkle some feta cheese on top as a garnish. If you are using fresh oregano, save some to sprinkle on top of the soup as a garnish. Serve Hot.

NOTES : “This is a very simple soup to make. It has a nice rich color and a lively flavor. Serve it with grilled pita bread cut into wedges for dipping. Grilled garlic bread is another great dipper, or Italian bread brushed with extra virgin olive oil and lightly grilled is also a good dipper. by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin”
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tomato Soup With Feta Cheese by cjs (Got this on another ...)
Yum! Thank you for sharing!
  Re: Re: Tomato Soup With Feta Cheese by dollop (Yum! Thank you for ...)
You are welcome.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tomato Soup With Feta Cheese by cjs (You are welcome....)
Thanks, Jean. Another one I printed off and put in my "Bring To VA" folder!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.