What is your favorite mixing bowl?
  Re: (...)
I have an oddball assortment of hand-me-downs and they are okay, but I was thinking of getting a nice new set that would work well with my new food scale. Suggestions please? Thanks!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What is your favorite mixing bowl? by Mare749 (I have an oddball as...)
I have a set of those pyrex bowls that have gone through the wars for years and years---first ones I go for. I have often thought about upgrading to the stanless steel ones but not ready for the change yet---I hate change!!!

I would be interested to know what opinions are about the ss set.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
I have 2 or 3 of just about every size of SST bowls that I use constantly, they're light weight, great for scaling, easy to clean, love 'em.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
but it's the first thing that came to mind. I have a set of pyrex and a stainless steel set and my favorite bowl is the one that's chipped, natch.
  Re: This won't help much by lxxf (but it's the first t...)
Thanks everyone. Sure wish I knew what happened to my SS bowls. Used to have a set of 3, now all that's left is the little one. Time to organize!
Maryann

Re: Re: This won't help much by Mare749 (Thanks everyone. Su...)
So many of my things have been lost in moves that I can't even begin to name them - except for my SS mixing bowl set.

I went out, bought some pyrex and just never replaced the ss. I'm happy with them but my stainless steel was much larger.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: This won't help much by Half_Baked (So many of my things...)
My favorite bowl is the 26 cup Tupperware bowl. My tupperware is getting old and I'll need to start thinking about new ones soon. Have always used Tupperware. Have a Pyrex bowl for using with the mixer.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: This won't help much by bjcotton (My favorite bowl is ...)
Billy, I had one of those! And it disappeared too, along with two of my SS bowls.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: This won't help much by Mare749 (Billy, I had one of ...)
I know where my big Tupperware bowls go Maryann. All I have to do is go visit my nieces and look in their cupboards.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: This won't help much by bjcotton (I know where my big ...)
Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about Billy. Every time I babysit at one of my daughter's homes, I find some lost treasure!
Maryann