REV Sausage Minestra
  Re: (...)
Splendid Soups---This was a really tasty soup and easy. DH turned his nose up---OH NOOOO---NOT SOUP!!! But he loved it and said he would love to have it again. I used JEans'suasage recipe and kept it in little chunks--they held together nicely. The remainder of the recipe was followed as written (except I cut it in half--for two). The Italian spices I had to do a combination of my own--basil, parsley, oregano and a touch of thyme--the tomatoes were from a can. A definite winner here--- an interesting take on minestrone---well, sort of. Oh--and had to use rice pasta for the orzo. It is a spicy dish so if you don't care for too much spice--leave out the red pepper flakes.

The salad as a side was a perfect balance and I served my favorite dinner rolls.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: REV Sausage Minestra by Roxanne 21 (Splendid Soups---Thi...)
Looking at the picture of that soup and looking out the window at the pouring rain is really making me want to make that soup today!!! thanks for bringing it up, Roxanne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REV Sausage Minestra by cjs (Looking at the pictu...)
You won't be sorry----I think it would be better on a chilly, winter's day---summer here but sure seems like winter!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy