Have you ever....
  Re: (...)
gone shopping or browsing and noticed an ingredient and said--"I saw a recipe requiring that"--and bought it, bring it home and then can't find the recipe you bought it for??
Soooo-it goes into that 'exotic' space for when you do find it but then you forget about it until you're spring cleaning or ready to move. How annoying!!

Doesn't work too well with fresh goods though-kinda have to wing it---CRS strikes again!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Have you ever.... by Roxanne 21 (gone shopping or bro...)
lol...I do that more often than I'd like. Sometimes I can't find the recipe and other times I can't remember what it was I wanted to make. I try to plan a menu for the week before I shop. I put my "menu" on the top of the page to remind me what the ingredients are for. And even doing that, I still forget sometimes! Sheesh....
Tammy
  Re: Re: Have you ever.... by TwilightKitten (lol...I do that more...)
Sheesh, I really feel sorry for you two....it never happens to me...I also lie a lot I try to keep all of my usual "stuff" on hand, but if I need anything "unusual" the recipe is taped to my cupboard door waiting.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Have you ever.... by Roxanne 21 (gone shopping or bro...)
oh my yes, been there...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com