18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread
  Re: (...)
I've got this in the works as I write this. It's amazing how only 1/4 tsp. of yeast can work this well. I had the crock to the crockpot sitting out last night, so I just mixed up the dough in a few minutes, put the lid on and forgot about it until this afternoon. The cast iron dutch oven is heating up in the oven now. More later,

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: 18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread by Mare749 (I've got this in the...)
Wow, what a gorgeous loaf of bread! If this tastes as good as it looks and smells, this will be a regular in our house for sure. Thank you to whoever posted this first, Jan, I think.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread by Mare749 (Wow, what a gorgeous...)
I have one rising right now, to cook for dinner tomorrow. It's absolutely my favorite. Makes great sandwiches, cheese toast, garlic toast, just bread and butter...and plain hot steamy bread eaten on it's own.

I think someone else had posted it but I'd made it about 10 times.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread by Half_Baked (I have one rising ri...)
ARE YOU BEHAVING, Miss Jan?????

You sound great!!! Keep it that way, young lady........
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread by Roxanne 21 (ARE YOU BEHAVING, Mi...)
Are you waiting and hour to taste it???? We barely made the wait! Love this bread!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread by cjs (Are you waiting and ...)
I think I managed to wait ... maybe once.

I being good, Roxanne. Mr HB did the laundry and put the whites on my bed to fold. Drove me nuts. It took him 2 days and it was really hard not to grab the basket and finish it all. I can't lift the wet laundry out of the washer. He actually left a load in the dryer overnight.
*banging my head on the counter*
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread by Half_Baked (I think I managed to...)
Oh, Jan, I know just how you feel. My hubbie put my angora sweater in the washer and dryer once and when I came home from work it looked like it would fit a cabbage patch doll. Same week, he washed pants that were suppose to go to the dry cleaner too. Never got to wear those again either. Mr. HB will sure appreciate you when you are recovered. Hope you are feeling better, you do sound good.

BTW, the bread was excellent! Yes, I waited an hour, watching the clock every 5 minutes.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread aka No-Knead Bread by Half_Baked (I think I managed to...)
Oh , so sorry. Keep up the good work on being "good"! You really do need it!!!!

On Laundry...I cringe every time my Husband "helps" with the laundry - not spraying stuff, drying things that should never be dried. But on the other hand with a house full of 4 1/2 year olds - if he didn't step in and fold, the current load would never get out of the dryer or the clean clothes basket! I am really good and keeping is cycled through the washer/dryer -without him nothing would ever get folded. If only I could convince him that was his only "Laundry Job"!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.