No Knead Bread.........need help
  Re: (...)
I found a "Jim Lahey" NYTimes recipe online. It's very similiar to the one posted here. But says to use a 6-8qt pan. I have two, one held about 3qts of water when I filled it(just to measure)but it's not very tall,no more than 8" with the lid on. The other is big enuff to roast a turkey in. Which should I use?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by farnfam (I found a "Jim Lahey...)
Use the smaller one. My bread is only about 10"x3". In fact, I'd like to find a smaller casserole than I'm using so the loaf will be taller.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by Half_Baked (Use the smaller one....)
Thanks Jan!! It's doing the 2hr. rise as we speak. Yumm, I can hardly wait, but I will wait as instructed LOL
Btw, hope you're feeling better every day dear. Remember, you only get one recovery, so use it well.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by farnfam (Thanks Jan!! It's do...)
I am feeling better everyday, thank you. As soon as I begin to over-do, my stitches let me know it immediately...lol.
Jan

Re: Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by Half_Baked (I am feeling better ...)
I have none! none! and I'm not home, so can't make any - I have none and I'm so addicted to that darn bread.

Yes, Jan, you just watch yourself!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by cjs (I have none! none! a...)
Jean, we're the same way. As soon as we get 1/2 way through the loaf, another starter is in Harold's office getting all warm and bubbly.

Gosh that bread is the best. I tried it with cheese and it was wonderful.

Who posted that olive bread on C@H? I bet alot of those ingredients could be stirred in at the last rise, or after the rise. I love all olives and mixing them with bread is heaven.
Jan

Re: Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by farnfam (Thanks Jan!! It's do...)
Cis, I have a question for you. Did you season the 18 hour bread the same way you season your favorite italian bread? I've been wanting to try that, it sounds so good.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by Mare749 (Cis, I have a questi...)
I've read of people seasoning and adding all sorts of wonderful things to the bread, always with great results.
Jan

Re: Re: No Knead Bread.........need help by Mare749 (Cis, I have a questi...)
This first time I just followed the recipe. I had everything on hand anyway for a change
It just came out of the oven and it could win a contest it's so beautiful!!!!
Next time tho' I'm going to top it with sliced olives, green and black and give it some of the old Italian treatment
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life