Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread
  Re: (...)
This time I added 3 T. whole wheat flour, and 3 T. rye flour to the bread flour, making a total of 3 cups. The rest of the recipe is the same. This was the combination used for "country french bread" in my mastercook program, I formed it into two baguettes and baked for 30 minutes.

The bread is more dense and the holes are not as big, but the taste is excellent. Had my dad over for lunch today and made him a nice big sandwich on it. He said it was my best loaf yet. Next one to try has cranberries and pecans.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Mare749 (This time I added 3 ...)
Oooh, cranberries and pecans sound wonderful!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Half_Baked (Oooh, cranberries an...)
Jan, the recipe and video are on breadtopia.com. Very nice little website you might want to check out.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Mare749 (Jan, the recipe and ...)
Thank you MaryAnn!

The site is terrific.
Jan

Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Mare749 (Jan, the recipe and ...)
Thank you MaryAnn! That is an incredible website! We'll be in the new house in 3 weeks and two days! I'll have a real oven with my hearthkit inside and while I'm baking the bread here on the boat I'm sure it'll be much better there. I've got some dried sourdough I'm dying to mix up again! I'm really looking forward to playing!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Harborwitch (Thank you MaryAnn! [...)
Wow, Sharon, with that excitement, it'll be the best bread ever.
Jan

Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Half_Baked (Wow, Sharon, with th...)
Sharon, I'm so happy for you! As cool as it sounds to live on a boat, it's nice to have all the room that a house provides as well. Hope you love it!
Maryann

Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Mare749 (Sharon, I'm so happy...)
It's a strange thing. There are so many things I'm going to miss about the boat - and living here. It's a beautiful house - but there are no muskrats and otters swimming around, no coyotes and sea lions barking at night, or sheep baaaaing. We won't be under the flyway for the geese and swans.

But I'll have a beautiful kitchen, 1500 more sq feet, room for an herb garden and so much more, including not having to watch this place go down the drain! It's a bit of a trade off!
  Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by Mare749 (Sharon, I'm so happy...)
Mare, that variation sounds great - I brot my pans for the bread with me on this trip, but I haven't made it yet. In Salt Lake we'll be there a few days, so that's probably when I'll try it, but I'll try your version when I get home, I'm not going to buy those flours when I have them in my pantry...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another variation on 18 hr. no-knead bread by cjs (Mare, that variation...)
I wish I had the rye and whole wheat. I do have some European bread flour that I think I'll use today.