Have you ever
  Re: (...)
Tried to make a dish that kept failing, so finally gave up? That was me with yorkshire pudding. Over the years I tried many recipes, individual ones, large ones, none were edible. Until last Sunday. Perfection! darn, it felt good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Have you ever by Lorraine (Tried to make a dish...)
Congratulations on finally achieving success! Was it a new recipe or one previously tried?
PJ
  Re: Re: Have you ever by pjcooks (Congratulations on f...)
Thanks. It was a recipe by brother pulled off the internet. I was a bit leary about it, as it was part of a recipe for Prime Rib Roast @Garlic and Dijon, but there was no garlic anywhere in the recipe!!! LOL
  Re: Re: Have you ever by Lorraine (Thanks. It was a rec...)
Lorraine, I've never made it but think I would like to. Can you tell us what you think went right this time? Was it the method or ingredients? Thanks.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Have you ever by Mare749 (Lorraine, I've never...)
I love Yorkshire pudding and I just can't have roast beef without it. I can't wait to see Lorraine's recipe.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Have you ever by Lorraine (Thanks. It was a rec...)
what a good feeling when that happens - I haven't make Yorkshire pudding forever it seems.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Have you ever by Mare749 (Lorraine, I've never...)
Maryann, I think I'm just older and wiser. LOL I'll post it tonight, it's a Take Home Chef recipe. The beef was great also!!
  Re: Re: Have you ever by Lorraine (Maryann, I think I'm...)
Maryann, here's the recipe. Dead easy.

3 large eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole milk ( this may be the answer)
1/2 tsp salt
5 tsp vegetable oil

Using a hand whisk, or an electric mixer (that's what I used) beat the eggs with the flour in a large bowl until smooth and sticky (this will take about 5 minutes). The more the pudding is beaten in the early stages of making it, the better the puddings will rise. Gradually beat in the milk to form a smooth batter. Once batter has no lumps, add the salt, and set aside to rest for 1 hour. ( I'm thinking this may be crucial).

Preheat oven to 400F. Pour 1/2 tsp vegetable oil into each of 10 muffin cups. ( I did 12). At this point, even though the recipe didn't say to do it, I stuck them in the oven until they were almost smoking. Just a niggle I had in my head. Pour 3 Tbsp pudding batter into each cup. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pudding is set around the sides and golden brown. ( By this time they had puffed up and almost risen out of their cups). Remove the pan from the oven, lift the puddings out of the pan and let dry ( we ate most of them right away.). At this point they can be cooled and heated in the oven at a later date. ( I did it a few days later, and they WERE great!).
  Re: Re: Have you ever by Lorraine (Maryann, here's the ...)
You know I think the recipe I used to use called for the batter to rest in the fridge for an hour before cooking. That resting period must be crucial! I'm going to have to do this again, it's been years.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Have you ever by Lorraine (Maryann, here's the ...)
Thanks for the recipe and the extra notes that you added. This sounds delicious!!and I'll have to be trying this real soon, like as soon as I can go buy a roast to have with it.

You mentioned letting the batter sit for an hour and that makes a lot of sense to me. I do that with pancakes, letting the batter sit for maybe 15 minutes, and they are always lighter for some reason.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."