Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding Critique
  Re: (...)
The Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding went over with a bang! You couldn't eat a very big piece since it was sooooo sweet and rich. My recommendation would be that the donuts themselves would be plenty of sweetness without the sweetened condensed milk. Next time I might add a third egg and let it go at that. The Butter Rum Sauce was just icing on the cake so to speak...it would have been great without it. The recipe calls for two 4.5 oz cans of fruit cocktail...I couldn't find those at 3 different stores, they come in 15 oz cans and I used one of those. It wasn't too wet with the extra syrup and fruit. If I use the Butter Rum Sauce at all next time, I will only make half a recipe...all together, I'd say it was just too much sugar.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding Critique by bjcotton (The Krispy Kreme Bre...)
Sounds like a teenager's video game party delight! Butter rum flavoring, or really rum, I guess that's an important question when dealing with the youngsters.

Fun trying out something new on a receptive audience, isn't it? Thanks for the review.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding Critique by pjcooks (Sounds like a teenag...)
Yes, thanks Billy. I've been waiting for your review because I was thinking of making that for a family party this weekend, but was also thinking of using less sugar to make it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding Critique by Mare749 (Yes, thanks Billy. ...)
I used Myers's Rum for this because of it's strong flavor. The recipe said "rum to taste" and every recipe I looked at called for 2 or 3 tablespoons. Even with that much it was barely detectable, perhaps rum flavoring would be better.

Billy
  Re: Re: Krispy Creme Bread Pudding Critique by bjcotton (I used Myers's Rum f...)
"perhaps rum flavoring would be better. " - better than the real stuff??????? Naw, couldn't be, that would be sacrelege (sp?).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Krispy Creme Bread Pudding Critique by cjs ("perhaps rum flavori...)
Well, probably! But it might increase the rum flavor

Billy
  Re: Re: Krispy Creme Bread Pudding Critique by bjcotton (Well, probably! But...)
Here's some pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...y%20Kreme/

Billy
  Re: Re: Krispy Creme Bread Pudding Critique Pitchers by bjcotton (Here's some pictures...)
That looks truly decadent!!!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"