Wretched Wrap...
  Re: (...)
Curiosity got the best of this cat, and I decided to do the cheesburger wrap with the pie dough instead of the pizza dough. Problems surfaced immediately, as the pie dough was too thin and would not roll without tearing. It was not a wrap, more of a blob, but I decided to put it in the oven anyway and hope for the best. Had I done a little thinking in advance, I would have said to myself that pizza is usually baked at 400-425 for about 20 minutes and pie is usually baked at 350 for an hour. Well, the alarm, went off and the dough wasn't cooked enough - looked like a pierogi gone bad. Decided to leave it in until the dough browned, but the hamburger/onion/cheese was starting to dry out, so I pulled it. I've dodged the (cooking) finger of fate many times with substitutions or improvisations, but this was definitely not one of them.
  Re: Wretched Wrap... by Ron (Curiosity got the be...)
Ron,

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I, too, have dodged the "cooking finger of fate" many times, but every now and then something trips me up! (And it's usually a DUH moment for me)

Did you get to eat it? How was it otherwise?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Wretched Wrap... by pjcooks (Ron,[br][br]Sorry it...)
Practice makes perfect........so they say!!

Try again, Ron and let us know what changes you made.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wretched Wrap... by Roxanne 21 (Practice makes perfe...)
Oh boy, haven't we all had doozies like that!! Was it interesting enough to 'play' with?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

Did you get to eat it? How was it otherwise?
PJ

Using the term "eat" loosely, we did. We picked the cheese/hamburger out of the dough, but it was really too dry to be good. Fortunately, my expectations weren't too high going into this one. Now I have to think of something better to use the last pie crust for - maybe a banana cream pie.
  Re: Re: Wretched Wrap... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Now, banana cream pie will make you feel better, too!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Wretched Wrap... by Half_Baked (Now, banana cream pi...)
Quote:

Now, banana cream pie will make you feel better, too!

It always does!
  Re: Re: Wretched Wrap... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
But you could do chocolate cream---or maybe a pecan pie????

LOVE banana cream, though---haven't made that in a VERY long time!!! MMMMMMM!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wretched Wrap... by Roxanne 21 (But you could do cho...)
Mmm....love banana cream, coconut cream too!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
But this is definitely the place for a forehead smash and a DOH. (pronounced -dough- for those lucky enough to have escaped exposure to the Simpsons)