Ethiopian Dinner - Review April 30th
  Re: Re: Ethiopian Dinner - Review April 30th by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I took your hint and sent Bob to Whole Foods - he found Teff flour in the Bob's Red Mill section. Ahhhh, he's on his way home with it, coconut oil, and hopefully the part for the dryer (haven't done laundry in 3 weeks!!! - we're out of clothes!).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ethiopian Dinner - Review April 30th by Harborwitch (I took your hint and...)
Sharon, we were posting at the same time - that's the Teff flour I got.

Do you have access to your computer all the time now?? Weren't you going to be limited after the move?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ethiopian Dinner - Review April 30th by cjs (Sharon, we were post...)
Only long enough to get the guy out here to stick my satellite dish up! It went up last Thursday - always on now! Only problem is that I have a, get this, a whole room for the computer - and it isn't doubling as a nightstand or a dressing table! It's not as easy to just pop in all the time - but when we get the wireless network up and I get my flat panel monitor in the kitchen I'll be dangerous!

I'm going to try to get some pictures posted of the new place! We've got it pretty much done, as far as doing with what we've got. Sorta fits with the dinner - we're thinking about a leopard print chaise (think "fainting couch") - and a tiger stripe papasan chair! I wish I had those darn zebra plates I want for the dinner!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Ethiopian Dinner - Review April 30th by cjs (O.K., here we go fol...)
Quote:

Injeera
Serving Size : 4

1/2 cup whole wheat flour -- or tef flour
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs -- beaten
2 cups buttermilk
1 tablespoon oil

Sift together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.

The directions say to add baking soda but it isn't in the ingredient list. I'm making it now...I hope somebody can help me soon!
Tammy
  Re: Help! Injeera recipe missing measurement by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
quickly I'll say go with 1 1/2 - 2 tsp. soda
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help! Injeera recipe missing measurement by cjs (quickly I'll say go ...)
O.k. slowly I'll say - this is the 2nd time I've made Injeera and I haven't noticed the b. soda.... duh

So, I haven't added it either time - maybe I'll try it next time and see if there is any difference....geez.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help! Injeera recipe missing measurement by cjs (O.k. slowly I'll say...)
Hee hee hee...CRS huh Jean?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Help! Injeera recipe missing measurement by bjcotton (Hee hee hee...CRS hu...)
geez, I can't even blame it on that, Billy - didn't even see the mention of it in the directions...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help! Injeera recipe missing measurement by cjs (geez, I can't even b...)
Well, the Ethiopian lady did say self rising flour, and that's already got the bk sd in it right? I think I prefer bking pwdr. Btw, if you have a comel, that's a good shape and size for Ingeera.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Help! Injeera recipe missing measurement by cjs (quickly I'll say go ...)
I didn't get your post in time so I just threw in 1/2 tsp. I have no idea how they were supposed to come out, but they looked and tasted good.
Tammy