Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken
  Re: (...)
I am looking for the issue with the Tomato crusted chicken, buttermilk pie, roast beef, and the pan seared tuna. Can anyone tell me where I can find it?

Thanks!
  Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by jhall (I am looking for the...)
WELCOME jhall!!! Nice to see you here---visit us more often.

I can answer part of your question, I'm sure someone else will come along with the remainder----I missplaced my index--don't ask me how because I'm very organized with my cookbook collection---it'll show up, eventually.

Anyway----the tomato crusted chicken and buttermilk pie recipes are in Issue 44. That's a start
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by jhall (I am looking for the...)
Thanks for the help. I only discovered Cuisine at home at a freind's house a couple of years ago. She had this issue with the Chicken and Tuna, but the issue had no date or issue number.
Do they make extra publications? This one had the chicken on the cover. I called her and she looked again, no date or number anywhere.
Seared Sesame Tuna with Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette and Sauteed Mustard Greens --- Issue 48, page 23. Classic Roast Beef Issue 41, page 6. Gremolata Rubbed Roast Beef and Roasted Potatoes --- Issue 41, page 7.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by jhall (Thanks for the help....)
Uh-OH You are in trouble---no extra single issues are available for purchase. Your only option is to buy a volume which has one year's worth of issues (6).

You could always post here to see if someone has an extra somewhere, sitting around. Good luck!!! Sorry I do not have better news but I've been there, done that and nothing was accomplished--- That issue that your friend has is probably the introductory issue that was mailed out to entice one to subscribe-----worked with me!!!
  Re: Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by Roxanne 21 (Uh-OH You are in ...)
Just my luck! I thought that it must be a special issue, all the recipes look great.

Thanks for your help!
  Re: Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by jhall (Just my luck! I thou...)
Quote:

Just my luck! I thought that it must be a special issue, all the recipes look great. Thanks for your help!

If it has no Volume/Issue number on the cover and says "Parmesan Crusted Chicken - simple technique, dynamite flavor" it is the special introductory issue. I got hooked and 63 issues later, the rest is history. Go to the Cuisine at Home web site and check out the paperbacks that they sell for $9.95. There is a lot in them for the $. I especially like Perfect Pasta and Weeknight Menus, but there are also Splendid Soups, Holiday Cookies and Grilling.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That "special" issue is included in the Volumes---also for sale if you go the webpage --- easy to navigate.

BTW--if you are looking for a recipe---just ask---someone will post it here, I'm sure!!! Don't be discouraged---we'll help.
  Re: Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by Roxanne 21 (That "special" issue...)
Welcome to CAH. If you have the actual name of the dish(es) I might find the recipes and post them for you.

Is this the one you are talking about?

Sun-Dried Tomato Crusted Chicken
(Cuisine at home, April 2004, Issue 44, p. 40)
Makes: 4 Chicken Breasts Total Time: 30 Minutes Rating: Intermediate

Prepare; Trim Fat and Season:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (8 oz. each)
1 t. black pepper
1/2 t. kosher salt
Pulse in Food Processor for Course Crumbs:
2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, sliced
4 large garlic cloves, peeled
Place in a Shallow Dish; Dredge Chicken:
1/2 cup all--purpose flour
Blend; Place in a Shallow Dish; Dip Chicken:
2 eggs
2 T. water
Heat in Ovenproof Nonstick Skillet; Saute Chicken:
2 T. olive oil

Preheat oven to 375°.

Prepare breast halves by trimming fat. Slice each breast in half lengthwise; pound to 1/2" thick. Season with pepper and salt.

Pulse bread crumbs, tomatoes, and garlic in a food processor. Transfer to a shallow dish.

Place flour in a second shallow dish.

Blend eggs and water with a fork in a third shallow dish. Dredge both sides of chicken in flour, then dip into egg mixture to coat. Transfer chicken to crumb mixture and pat onto both sides; place on a baking sheet or plate.

Heat oil in an ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Care-fully flip chicken, then place pan in oven. Roast 8 - 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Rest 5 minutes before serving.

Dredge chicken in flour, dip into egg wash to coat, then press into the crumbs.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Looking for recipes with Tomato Crusted Chicken by bjcotton (Welcome to CAH. If ...)
Thanks for the recipe, I wrote down Tomato-Crusted Chicken Breast. I don't have the exact titles, the roast beef was wrapped around asparagus. The tuna was coated in sesame seeds and pan seared. I got so excited about all of the recipes, I thought that I could just go to the site and pull it up!!

I really appreciate all of your help, thanks again. There is nothing better than cooking friends, one just dropped by a few minutes ago for no reason with a homemade carrot cake, my favorite! I am already thinking about a second piece!