Flank Steak - Billy
  Re: (...)
Billy, Didn't you have a recipe for a balsamic glazed or marinated flank steak? I tried searching the archives and didn't come up with anything. Was it a C@H recipe or from somewhere else?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Flank Steak - Billy by esgunn (Billy, Didn't you h...)
This is the only one I could find. Wasn't there one in Week Night Menus? I don't have my books up here.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Grilled Balsamic London Broil

Recipe By :GinnyP
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:05
Categories : Beef-Veal

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound top round steak -- 1" thick
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons soy or oyster sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste

1. Put all ingredients, except meat, in a container fitted with a lid; cover and shake.
2. Pour the marinade over the steak and cover.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
4. Grill or broil until done as desired.
5. Slice thinly and serve.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Billy is correct. It's on pages 48-49 of Weeknight Menus. If you don't have the book, I can scan it, but I can't post it here without a root canal job of correction. If someone else has both the book and the recipe program, maybe they can post it here. If that doesn't fly, send me a Private Message with your email and I can email it to you, color pictures and all.
By the way, how did you like the wild rice? Seems like people either love it or hate it.
  Re: Re: Flank Steak - Billy by Ron (Billy is correct. It...)
Thanks Ron! I do have that book and will look it up. Thanks Billy too!

The wild rice was good. I don't think it would be a hit in our house (read that my kids and husband) all by itself, but I made a chicken wild rice soup that we really loved! Thanks. I ended up buying it at Trader Joe's because it was the only place I found plain wild rice - not in a mix.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Flank Steak - Billy by esgunn (Thanks Ron! I do h...)
Wild rice by itself isn't one of my favorites, but when it's only part of a dish it's okay..
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Flank Steak - Billy by bjcotton (Wild rice by itself ...)
I like to marinate a real flank steak in a mixture of dijon mustard, red wine vinegar,garlic, chopped green onions, chopped fresh rosemary , thyme, salt, and lot of coarse ground pepper for 12 hours. Brush it off and grill.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Flank Steak - Billy by Old Bay (I like to marinate a...)
Oh, that sounds good. We will have to try that. We use a soy, ginger garlic marinade most of the time - but am just looking for something different. This steak is actually a Tri Tip roast, I thought it was a flank. They are good too!
Erin
The time is flying by.
Erin, here ya go. I've done this with flatiron, marinating for a day, and it's pretty good.

Balsamic Flank Steak

Cuisine@Home Weeknight Menus

Whisk together :

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T brown sugar
½ t kosher salt

Pour into ziplock bag, add:

1 flank steak, trimmed, 1 ½ - 2 lbs

Marinate 15 min, turning occasionally.

Remove steak, reserving liquid.
Grill steak 6 min on one side, flip and baste with reserved marinade. Grill 6 more min for med rare. When nearly done, turn and baste again. Cook an additional min. Remove, let rest 5 min then slice diagonally across the grain.

PJ
PJ