The Kitchen Companion.....
  Re: (...)
by Polly Clingerman. Does anyone else have it? My brother bought this for my dad some years back. I've borrowed it a few times and each time seem to use it more. It's a great guide for both the beginning cook and for people who have cooked for years.

For anyone who is not familiar with it, it is not a cookbook, but a cooking book with a lot of information in an easy to read format. And there are about 100 easy to use recipes in it too. My brother tells me that he keeps his copy right out on the kitchen counter because he refers to it so often. I'm thinking of purchasing copies for both of my girls, too.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by Mare749 (by Polly Clingerman....)
One of my favorite books, Maryann. A lot of really good info in bits and pieces, a keeper in my kitchen! I thought I was the only one who had a copy of this. Thanks for letting everyone know, it will be appreciated, I'm sure. I'm going to get copies for my boys, too, if it's still in print.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by pjcooks (One of my favorite b...)
Oh hell, I suppose Tracie Lee (madmax) will read this posting....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by cjs (Oh hell, I suppose T...)
Jean, I was thinking of Tracie Lee and also PJ's boys when I posted this. You can still buy it used/new from Amazon. I have purchased many books this way with good results. Shipping is $3.49 a book, but if you buy a book for $1, it's still quite a deal. I'm going back to buy mine now. Here is the link for anyone who is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0...6980&sr=8-1

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by Mare749 (Jean, I was thinking...)
Maryann, I've found that most of those used/new books are in excellent shape. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Thanks!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by pjcooks (Maryann, I've found ...)
That's a really good deal. I haven't bought from Amazon, but have from a few other sites. I agree with PJ, most have been in new, nearly new condition.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by Lorraine (That's a really good...)
that's about the only way I buy books nowadays! If I have to pay full price, I add the book to a gift list...(let him pay! )

thanks Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by Mare749 (Jean, I was thinking...)
Thanks for the tip Maryann, just got done at Amazon ordered 1 each for me and the girls!! How fun
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by farnfam (Thanks for the tip M...)
I don't think you'll be sorry, Cis. Glad it worked out.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: The Kitchen Companion..... by Mare749 (I don't think you'll...)
Thank you my dear, I ordered one also. $0.99 is the least I've ever paid for a book.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy