Post deleted by sysadmin
  Re: (...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Sounds like you had a super time! How nice to be able to meet up with cyber friends that you have 'known' for years. How fun it must have been to meet some celebrities and I would have loved to watch the competitions!

When we used to go to the seafood conventions, I'd love to eat my way though all the booths. *oink oink*
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Hope you saw a lot of new ideas also - used to love going to food shows.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
You were visiting in my neck o' the woods! I grew up near Crystal Lake and Schaumburg. We live downstate now, but like to visit up north often. We'll be up that way this weekend helping our son move within Chicago, then visiting family in the 'burbs, then on to our nephew's graduation party on the western end of the state.

Curious to know the name & location of the Mexican restaurant you mention that was so good.

It's always good to come home and put your feet up.
  Re: Re: Nat'l Restaurant Assn Show and my feet HURT by HomeCulinarian (You were visiting in...)
Steve, thanks for sharing your trip with us. Food shows are fun. We have one here in Cleveland at our IX Center every year and I've been to that one, although it's probably not on such a grand scale as the one you went to. Got to see Rachael Ray, Mario, and Alton Brown. Glad you had such a nice time.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Nat'l Restaurant Assn Show and my feet HURT by Mare749 (Steve, thanks for sh...)
Sounds like a great time, Steve. Thanks for the update!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Nat'l Restaurant Assn Show and my feet HURT by Half_Baked (Sounds like you had ...)
Nice to have you back Steve----daughter lived in Chicago for many years before she went to Scottsdale, AZ---I visited once because we thought about relocating there---once upon a time, that is!!! SO??? What types of goodies did you really enjoy???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Hi, Steve, nice to see you back. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, I would love to do that. And, yeah, a recuperation weekend is definately in order, too bad you have to go back so soon

Glad you're here, though!

PJ
PJ