Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
Finally another 10!!!! I think this is only the 2nd (maybe 3rd) for us. We just loved this recipe and it's another of those that you need to get a bite of all the components to really enjoy it fully. Even the tomatoes - it would not have been 'right' without them.

For the two of us, I made just two breasts and 1/2 the filling, but the full sauce amount - I'm so glad I did, it was wonderful over the rice pilaf I served with it. And also, this was so filling, I didn't finish mine and Roy was able to have sauce on the leftovers the next day.

I read the changes Vicci (?) made in the dish, but I'm not sure I'd go there, especially subbing coconut extract for the coconut milk. I did use just 1/2 the butter and the sauce still had the richness that was needed.

I think I'd just keep this one for special occasions because the flavors are just so wonderful as is.

[Image: INDIANCHIX.jpg]

and of course my favorite little Rice Krispie Ice Cream Cake topped off my birthday dinner!! (the neighbors liked their portions also... )

[Image: ICECREAMCAKE.jpg]

Again, Happy Birthday to the Geminis!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review by cjs (Finally another 10!!...)
Beautiful pics, Jean! I just want to dive into that cake.

I am disappointed that the 'lightened' version would be too different from the original but I'll save up pts to try the full flavor recipe. I love coconut milk.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review by Half_Baked (Beautiful pics, Jean...)
Like Erin's family, we've tried this one before and just loved it. This time we tried the lightened version (but with a bit of coconut milk). We enjoyed it, but I guess we've been spoiled by the original. Still, it was great with pita bread. Happy Birthday to all you Geminis
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review by farnfam (Like Erin's family, ...)
This dish was a pleasant surprise for us. Ron is usually a good sport about trying most new recipes, but this one was so new to both of us that I was worried that he wasn’t going to like it. I even had a backup plan for him, but didn’t need it.

The long list of ingredients was a little intimidating at first, but once I got organized, it was actually quite easy to put together. I made the whole recipe for the chicken, but like Jean, only used half the butter in the sauce. Also, I didn’t have cream, so I just used a spoonful of plain yogurt. This worked out fine and the sauce was wonderful.

The chicken was absolutely delicious, nice and moist from the marinade, and great flavor. We just used a drizzle of the sauce, (a little goes a long way). We gave this dish a 10! This was so much fun and I can't wait until the next dinner party.

I didn't make the dessert, but will definately try it when the kiddies are coming over to help eat it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
is this in a C@H issue? Which one?
  Re: Re: Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review by mcd1982 (is this in a [url=ma...)
Yes, it is. I'll post the recipe for you.

Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Source: (Cuisine at home, August 2003, Issue 40, p. 21)

For the Chicken-
Prepare:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, see bottom picture
For the Marinade-
Mix:
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 T. garlic, smashed
1 T. paprika
2 t. curry powder
1 t. cayenne
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. ground coriander
1 t. kosher salt
For the Filling-
Combine:
1 pkg. frozen spinach (10 oz.) thawed, squeezed dry
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 T. plain yogurt
1 shallot, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Curry Beurre Blanc-
Reduce:
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. shallots, minced
Add, Reduce:
1 T. heavy cream
Off Heat, Whisk in:
1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
Stir in at the End:
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T. curry powder
1 t. sugar
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes

1. Prepare chicken for stuffing.

2. Mix ingredients for marinade in a bowl.

3. Combine ingredients for filling in a second bowl. Stuff chicken with about 1/4 cup filling per breast. Marinate stuffed breasts for 15 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil grill grates, then grill the chicken, covered, for 10-12 minutes per side.

4. Reduce wine and vinegar with shallots over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced by half, 2-4 minutes.

5. Add cream; simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute.

6. Off heat, whisk in butter, 2 T. at a time, until melted.

7. Stir in coconut milk, cilantro, curry powder, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt at the end. Serve Stuffed Chicken with Curry Beurre Blanc over basmati rice and garnish with cashews, tomatoes, and cilantro.

8. Nutrition Information (Per 6 oz.):

9. 431 calories 55% calories from fat 27g total fat 13g carb. 664mg sodium 3g fiber

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sorry I am so late on my review. I made it the week before the review date - before my hubby left on a trip. I just happened to have half a recipe in the freezer!!!

When I make the dish, I make a whole recipe (for me I get 6 chicken breasts with the amount of stuffing from the recipe) and I put three breasts in a freezer zip lock and pour in half the marinade. The other three go in the refer with the other half of the marinade. I usually freeze up to a month. The marinade seperates slightly, but the chicken is still great. I always make the full recipe of curry beurr blanc fresh with each recipe. OHHH this is sooo good - and Jean you are right - the tomato really adds a lot to the dish.

I probably make this every three to four months and then we have it twice in about a month. It is by far one of our favorite dishes.

It also woks really well to make early in the day - sitting in the refrigerator in the marinade does not seem to deteriate the dish at all.

I have also just used the marinade on chicken pieces and grilled them - very good.

An absolute winner!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review by esgunn (Sorry I am so late o...)
I had to bring the original up for this. It only seemed right.

I finally made this tonight. I was anxious about making it before, since I knew the flavors would be different from anything we had had before. I'm sure glad I finally tried it. I'll have to admit, I suckered William into trying this one...LOL! I told him it had curry in it. When he thought I was talking about Thai curry, I didn't correct him. But it worked out... he LOVED it...we all did. This is a do over for sure. I made it right by the recipe and had to clap Andrew over the mouth a couple times to keep him from telling how much butter was in it. (I forgot to read my notes about halving the butter. I'll do that next time...feeling very guilty right now.)

Like I said, this one is added to the A List Favorites. It'll be a while, but it will be on the menu again, for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (I had to bring the o...)
Thanks for bringing it to the top, it sounds fabulous. (Even if I am trying to keep us away from lots of butter and cream). I know he'll love this one.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Dinner Review by Lorraine (Thanks for bringing ...)
What's not to like? Sounds wonderful!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?