Partager
  Re: (...)
I just found a new word!! Reading about a restaurant I'd like to try in the next few days, the term "partager" was used as a section on the menu. It meant dishes to be shared. I love it - what a great word.

I found this when I googled it -

Partager quelque-chose avec quelqu'un (=to share something with someone)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Partager by cjs (I just found a new w...)
What a lovely word - hmmmmmm - a good business name perhaps??
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Partager by Harborwitch (What a lovely word -...)
WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA, SHARON!!!! I LOVE IT
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Partager by cjs (WHAT A WONDERFUL IDE...)
Partager, what a delicious word. Positively scrumptious. A far better word than buffet, or (appertizer) Tray.
  Re: Partager by cjs (I just found a new w...)
I love new, uncommon words and this one is especially pretty (just rolls off the tongue). I must write it down before I forget...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Partager by foodfiend (I love new, uncommon...)
Sounds wonderful with the correct pronunciation. I would imagine, however, that many Americans would say it as though it meant something between a teenager and a middle-ager. LOL!

For words that have interesting sounds, my favourite is "lugubrious." It means "mournful," and it even SOUNDS mournful, as if to evoke Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Partager by labradors (Sounds wonderful wit...)
Jean, this brings back childhood memories. One of my Aunts ( she had 9 kids under the age of 11!!!) would always tell us "voux devez partager" You must share.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Partager by Lorraine (Jean, this brings ba...)
I love this word and lugubrious also - I agree it is a sorrowful word.

9 under the ages of 11 !! When my sister and I were together when the kids were little - that's kind of what we had - I remember my mother once 'lamenting' MY GOD, THERE ARE 8 KIDS UNDER 6!!!!! She held her head quite often....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Partager by cjs (I love this word and...)
Our next dinner menu should be a Partager Meal
  Re: Re: Partager by DFen911 (Our next dinner menu...)
good thot! Speaking of which....
www.achefsjourney.com