NH Seafood Festival
  Re: (...)
It's that time of year again!! A huge event in Hampton, NH, and a yearly tradition for Picky and me. We always start with a lobster roll, and nibble our way through the day on fried clams, shrimp, lobster stew, clam chowder, fried dough (a beach tradition here) and finish off with strawberry shortcake. There are lots of Chef demos which of course means more nibbling. Then we go to the deck of the Purple Urchin and people watch, eatting even more, this time accompanied by gin and tonics, watching the live entertainment on the Seashell across the street. It's just so much fun, the perfect way to end the summer.

None of this food has any calories this weekend

PJ

I don't remember if anyone on this board lives close to me, but if anyone's around, it's lots of fun!
PJ
  Re: NH Seafood Festival by pjcooks (It's that time of ye...)
Quote:

I don't remember if anyone on this board lives close to me, but if anyone's around, it's lots of fun!

Not I, but perhaps you could email a couple of lobster rolls down to me. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: NH Seafood Festival by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We're free this weekend next year, PJ!! AND, we'll be on our way back there anyway...a date with some folks in the general area - RV parks near you??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: NH Seafood Festival by cjs (We're free this week...)
oh, I miss fried clams.
  Re: Re: NH Seafood Festival by lxxf (oh, I miss fried cla...)
I should probably just not say anything lxxf, but every couple of weeks we go to a restauarnt by the dock and have them (fried clams) and a phoo-phoo drink and watch the ferry come in. One of our favorite 'blue-hair' things to do!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: NH Seafood Festival by cjs (I should probably ju...)
" One of our favorite 'blue-hair' things to do! "

I guess I'll have to wait until I'm a blue hair to try them!!! I'm so deprived. "wink" Can you send me an order of the lobster stew and fried dough, please? Have a great time!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: NH Seafood Festival by cjs (I should probably ju...)
My teenager has blue hair. Are all the teenagers watching the ferry come in?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: NH Seafood Festival by luvnit (My teenager has blue...)
stands to reason...
www.achefsjourney.com