Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Are we ready to go again??

Lorraine, you haven't chosen yet, have you?

Oh my, today is lxxf's birthday!!! I just noticed and Tammy's is the 26th, but she hasn't been visiting lately.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by cjs (Are we ready to go a...)
Nope, I haven't. I thought I would choose the next one, since it's almost that time of year. I've been looking at the Mulligatwny Chicken Pot Pie. After this weekend, I should have lots of leftover turkey.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by Lorraine (Nope, I haven't. I ...)
Oh that's right - your Thanksgiving is Saturday? I'd be game for the pot pie. What issue, recent?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by cjs (Oh that's right - yo...)
Weeknight Menus - Volume 2 Maybe we can find a side / salad / dessert to go with it. Or a soup (if I can find my copy of Splendid Soups).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by Lorraine (Weeknight Menus - Vo...)
GEESH---you guys!!!! I don't have that Volume II yet---soooo---please post the recipe=====PRETTY PLEASE???

I'll add my 2 cents later!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Lorraine!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by Roxanne 21 (GEESH---you guys!!!!...)
We'll post whatever recipe is finally decided on - What do you want to go with it Lorraine?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by cjs (Are we ready to go a...)
Quote:

Tammy's is the 26th, but she hasn't been visiting lately.

I visit...I just don't say anything...yes, I've become a dreaded lurker. I really am sorry...it's just that I've been too blah to chat and don't really feel I have anything to contribute lately.

(Sheesh...see how depressing that post was? That's why I've been keeping my big mouth shut... )
Tammy
  Re: Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Tammy, you're not alone with those feelings. Everyone has blah days. It makes us appreciate the good ones more. My favorite aunt while I was growing up was my great-great aunt Clara, a retired librarian who lived in Boston. We used to exchange letters and I could tell her anything. I still remember some wise words of comfort that she offered to me once, and now I'll share them with you. She said, "the ups are happy memories, but the downs build character." That always helped. Feel better.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by Mare749 (Tammy, you're not al...)
Maybe picking a menu will cheer you up Tammy, care to give it a little try, we'll help you if you get stuck
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Coco?? Someone?? Next Dinner?? by Mare749 (Tammy, you're not al...)
Quote:

said, "the ups are happy memories, but the downs build character."

Thank you, Maryann and Cis... lol...I guess I'll have a lot of character when I snap out of this...

Cis, cooking really does make me feel better but I am at a complete loss as to what to make. Nothing much appeals to me...which is pretty scary considering how much I love food! Pot pie does sound pretty darn good though...
Tammy