Hot Italian Pork Chop
  Re: (...)
Been playing with pork a lot last week. Thought some of you might want to try this.

You will need a heavy bottom saute' pan
To do two pork chops:

2 tbsp olive oil on the bottom
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked fennel
1/2 cracked pepper
1/2 sugar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp caraway seed
1/2 tsp Corriander

Saute spices until oils are starting to come off the saute pan. You will smell it when they start to release the oil.

Sear chops on both sides in saute. Oven and pull at 145 F

Deglaze pan while chops rest tented in foil.

1/4 Chianti wine and reduce by half. Drizzle each chop while plating.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Hot Italian Pork Chop by bbally (Been playing with po...)
Did you put the sugar in the pan with the spices? I would think you'd get a sticky concocotion.

You said you seared them and I'll assume you finshed off the cooking process in the oven. 350? 1/4 Chianti...1/4 cup or bottle? I'm thinking bottle as 1/4 cup would evaporate to nothing before it reduced.

The spices have pique my interest. I'm a big fan of pork so seeing something like this with just a bit of flavor to enhance and not smother the meat is nice.
  Re: Re: Hot Italian Pork Chop by DFen911 (Did you put the suga...)
Yes sorry, I don't do recipes so I don't write things out so well. I can follow a recipe but not write one.

1/4 of a .750 L bottle.
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Hot Italian Pork Chop by DFen911 (Did you put the suga...)
Quote:

Did you put the sugar in the pan with the spices? I would think you'd get a sticky concocotion.

yes depending on what sugar and fat you use you can make Bananas Foster, Caramel, and Toffee.

But in this case I am only using enough to balance the fennel off a little. So you won't find it causes a problem, the ratio is low enough that you would really have to cook it long to start to make any kind of candy.
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985