1/2 c warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 pkg dry yeast
1 TBS olive oil
2 tsp coarse salt
1 1/2 warm water
2 1/2 c Pasta flour
2 1/2 c or as needed all purpose white flour,
In large bowl dissolve sugar in 1/2C warm water. sprinkle in yeast and let stand until foamy.
Gradually stir in warm water, pasta flour, and enough A-P. flour to make a firm soft dough. Turn out on a lightly floured surface & knead 10 minutes until smooth & elastic. Please dough in a lightely greased bowl cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 1/2-2 hours-until doubled in bulk.

Punch down dough, divide in half and form into loves & place in a greased pans. Bake @ 400 25-30 minutes.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: As requested: Antoine's Semolina Bread by Harborwitch (Antoine's Semolina B...)
Just wondering what qualities semolina brings to this bread. I am not a prolific baker and am not sure if this bread would be dense or light or whatever. Just curiousSmile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: As requested: Antoine's Semolina Bread by Harborwitch (Antoine's Semolina B...)
Sharon, I'm curious as to how you please your dough.....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: As requested: Antoine's Semolina Bread by pjcooks (Sharon, I'm curious ...)
SPEW!!!!! Well, just between you and I, ssssshhhhhhh, first I beat the daylights out of it (in the KA), then I rub it around in a nice warm oiled bowl, after it has risen to the . . . . oooops The handwriting recognition software didn't quite get that right!

Semolina flour is a high gluten flour made from the endosperm of durum wheat. It is ground twice to make a fine flour. There is also a coarse semolina flour - but for the bread I used the fine, the same flour used for pasta.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: As requested: Antoine's Semolina Bread by pjcooks (Sharon, I'm curious ...)
That's funny. I wanna know that too. Maybe that's why my baking seldom turns out. I don't please it correctly.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: As requested: Antoine's Semolina Bread by luvnit (That's funny. [img]/...)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: As requested: Antoine's Semolina Bread by pjcooks ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
hmmmmm, looks good - duly copied!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: As requested: Antoine's Semolina Bread by cjs (hmmmmm, looks good -...)
Thanks Sharon, I remember making this once and really liking it, then forgetting to save the recipe. Got it now!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."