Iron Chef America
  Re: (...)
We watched ICA last night (taped) with Mario and a great little cook from the south - I apologize I don't remember his name, but I think this was one of the very best of this series! Even Mario was at his best. The ideas out of the show are just great - the secret ingredient was TWO BEAUTIFUL WHOLE HALIBUTS!!!

halibut topped with crab and rolled in a potato (mandolin thin cut) slice and sauteed.

halibut skin with a little of the meat cut into 'noodles' and fried crisp!! (I love crispy fish skin!!)

And then a Chilean Carica - which is a golden papaya processed and tastes like a mango - I think it has pineapple in it also, or it has the flavor.

I have to watch the show again, to get some of the ideas I missed the first time!

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/fr...carica.asp

I just ordered two jars from ChefsWarehouse.com

Anyone else watch?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Iron Chef America by cjs (We watched ICA last ...)
I saw this episode the other day. It was totally the BEST episode I have ever seen. Both chefs reall outdid themselves. However, my hubby was soooo tired and wanted me to turn off the tv just as they were picking the winner. I didn't see who won, but I am sure I will see this episode as a rerun. Great show.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America by luvnit (I saw this episode t...)
then I won't spoil it for you - I'm so glad I didn't blow it in my original post...I really know better, because we always tape those shows.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America by cjs (then I won't spoil i...)
I only saw part of this the other night, so need to watch the rest. I was in awe just watching them cut up those fish! I always learn something from watching those chefs.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
If it was Charles Clark it will be on Thursday nite. I'll try to catch it--I love halibut!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America by Old Bay (If it was Charles Cl...)
Oh you'll love it Bill! But, one spoiler - they don't make any halibut ice cream...

There is a pumpkin beurre blanc done that I want to watch again - it looks really good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America by cjs (Oh you'll love it Bi...)
I haven't watched ICA in awhile, it's on way past my bedtime. I'll have to check if it's on this weekend when I'm allowed to stay up later. Geez, two whole halibut!!!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
I couldn't stand it! I had to go look up the winner! I won't spoil it for anyone else who didn't see it.

I still don't know the scores though. I cold watch that rerun over again for sure. What a great show.

Loved the halubut! Very cool and very ginormous!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America by luvnit (I couldn't stand it!...)
This won't ruin anything for anyone - it was just a one point difference!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America by cjs (This won't ruin anyt...)
I have heard severe and sometimes spiteful comment of ICA. For us it is a weekly fixture. We really enjoy it, and at 7.30pm on Saturdays we are ready, fed, feet up, waiting for yet more delights to come us. So three cheers for them.