A Tasty Pork Appy
  Re: (...)
He had a leftover piece of roasted pork loin in the fridge. And not much else. So...I thought I would make something fast with it to eat. I diced it , added some Roasted Onion Marmalade, ( I called it confit, but got seriously corrected). A bit salt, good dose of freshly ground pepper, and a bit of fresh thyme. That would have been fine for me, but he made me chop some figs he had marinating in port. My plan was to make empanadas, but I ran out of time. Instead, I rescued some ciabatta crusts we cut for something else. Heaped it on the crusts, in the oven for a few minutes. It was a really tasty supper substitute at 10pm.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: A Tasty Pork Appy by Lorraine (He had a leftover pi...)
oh my, that does sound good! Isn't it fun having chutneys, confits, marmalades, etc. in the frig??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Tasty Pork Appy by cjs (oh my, that does sou...)
"Isn't it fun having chutneys, confits, marmalades "

He had a red top full of the marmalade for a catering gig the next day. Sure would be fun to have access to his kitchen every day. I'd still love to do the empanadas with it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A Tasty Pork Appy by Lorraine ("Isn't it fun having...)
Jennifer keeps looking at those things and wants to toss them - if it's been in the fridge 3 days it's gone! She's tossed figs, poblanos, carrots, romaine - that she's seen in the fridge 2 or 3 days in a row.

We've had to come to terms with it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Tasty Pork Appy by Harborwitch (Jennifer keeps looki...)
Yeah Sharon, but who won?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy