Online Dinners
  Re: (...)
I'm not exactly new here since I have asked many questions and received lots of help. But I haven't joined in on the fun that you all seem to be having here. I have browsed the postings many times and am intrigued by the "online dinners". Just how do they work and when do you have them? Oops, there I going again asking questions!
Shirley
  Re: Online Dinners by smschwag (I'm not exactly new ...)
Hello Shirley!

Thanks for the Mini Brioche Rolls recipe on the other thread. It looks great!

I just joined this forum recently too, in August. The online dinner are very fun. Somebody chooses a recipe from the magazine or on the other cookbooks that C@H has. Then we set a date, usually 2-3 weeks out, for a review. We all make it and meet on that day to add our review to the discussion. I love it.

More recently we added a Mystery Dinner to the forum. Several people chose random ingredients and anyone participating makes their own recipe from the ingredients chosen, along with some pantry items. That dinner is on Jan 7.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Hi, Shirley!

Every few weeks we decide on a dinner to make, usually from C@H but not always! (like the one on the 7th). We cook it when we have a chance, then the "due date" is the review. Some do it right away and have to bite their tongues until review time (hi, Jean!) others might be a little late but add their 2 cents anyways (moi?)

It's a lot of fun to see how we all do. This one is a little different, though, we're having a mystery dinner. Several of us threw an ingredient onto the list, and we're to make our dinner using as many of these as possible. Check out the Community mystery dinner thread, Jan 7, for the list.

Reviews due Monday! Hope you can join us for the fun!

PJ

List is right in front of me...

Spinach or collard greens
Ground beef/round
Mushrooms
Polenta
Bell pepper
Onion/garlic
cream
Tomatoes
Parmesan
Wine
Leeks

Hope you can play!
PJ
  Re: Re: Online Dinners by luvnit (Hello Shirley![br][b...)
Thanks for the info, Laura. They both sound like fun. How do you find out the Mystery ingredients?
Shirley
  Re: Re: Online Dinners by luvnit (Hello Shirley![br][b...)
Geesh, Laura, if I hadn't posted the list I would have beaten you to it!

PJ
PJ
Hi Shirley, nice to see you again! I'm glad you asked this question, because I was just thinking of starting a new post with this information.

I just noticed that a few people beat me to it and answered your question already, so I won't repeat the same thing.

Anyone who is sitting on the fence out there, jump off and say Hi! so we can welcome you.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Online Dinners by pjcooks (Hi, Shirley![br][br]...)
Are the ingredients listed for the Mystery Dinner supposed to be used for the whole dinner or one recipe? Does it have to be an original recipe?
Shirley
  Re: Re: Online Dinners by smschwag (Are the ingredients ...)
It's for the whole dinner or one recipe. Whatever you want. I am making mine tonight and mine is two recipes. From my understanding, it does not have to be an original.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Glad you asked the question--I was just about to myself. Thanks for info all.
Madeline
  Re: Re: Online Dinners by pink_eagle (Glad you asked the q...)
Sounds like fun. Some of the ingredients fit for what I am cooking for tonights dinner but I think I will wait til next time to particitate. Seeing what other people make will give me a better idea of how it all works. Now you have an excuse to do this again real soon so all of the newbies can participate.
Shirley