My House Stinks!!!
  Re: (...)
He simmered his Pickled Beef Tongue for a few hours, while I made a Moroccan / Curry /Chicken Vegetable Stew ( I'm stil trying to perfect it). For supper I decided to make a small Prime Rib roast, so it's in the oven with lots of garlic. And, I steamed off the cauliflower and made a cheese sauce. Oh, gack, the house stinks. But, everything individually tastes good so far.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: My House Stinks!!! by Lorraine (He simmered his Pick...)
That sounds like a whole lot of dinner! Are you having a party?

Somehow I believe your house really smells wonderful. Oh, but there would be a lot of vinegar with the tongue?
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by Corinne (That sounds like a w...)
Lorraine, you can keep the tongue, but everything else sounds delicious. But I agree with Cory, isn't that an awful lot for dinner?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Lorraine, you can ke...)
"Moroccan / Curry /Chicken Vegetable Stew ( I'm stil trying to perfect it)." - and then I'm sure, share with us...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by cjs ("Moroccan / Curry /C...)
I was a lot of food, but only the beef and cauliflour were for supper. the tongue (after we peeled it, now that was a bit strange) he'll cut some tonight and put it in vinegar. Jean, this is my 4th attempt at the stew. I've been trying to perfect the spices, and what veggies work best. I added coconut milk to it yesterday, and it was by the best. I bring most of it to work for some of the staff to taste test. The recipe is close, very close.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by Lorraine (I was a lot of food,...)
Stinky smells are awesome, Lorraine----IMHO!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by Roxanne 21 (Stinky smells are aw...)
I've cooked tongue, but have never tried it - it's the only thing I can think of that I'm hesitant to try - just can't get past feeling my tongue. geez.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by cjs (I've cooked tongue, ...)
I can't get past slicing tongue, I keep thinking of my own, and it gives me the nails-on-the-chalkboard shivers

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by pjcooks (I can't get past sli...)
I have eaten the tip of tongue but when it cuts into the part with whatever that stuff is that looks ligamenty, vessely (pardon all the misspellings), I can't eat it...even with lots of mustard sauce.

edit - I don't want it again.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: My House Stinks!!! by Corinne (I have eaten the tip...)
Unfortunately when we had the rest homes, they Loved tongue, tripe, liver, kidneys, brains etc. Our cook, Helen, cooked all without turning a hair, and the staff ate all the left overs we made sure we had. I can't even think of eating them.