Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook
  Re: (...)
Hello-
I am desperate to get the complete recipe for the pulled pork and the other menu items for the New Years Eve menu plan. Does anyone have the complete recipes from that book? I am trying to make this for Saturday.
Thank you for any help that you can provide.
  Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by Amie (Hello-[br]I am despe...)
Welcome Amie - I wish I could help you out, but I don't have that particular book. Thot I did, but I don't find it. Maybe someone with a scanner will be able to help you out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by cjs (Welcome Amie - I wis...)
Amie - you might try Barnes & Noble. If you don't see it on the shelf, ask the information station. Sometimes they put it in a different area (storage) until the next time to bring it out. The person manning the station can check the computer to see just how many are left.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by Amie (Hello-[br]I am despe...)
Do you have the exact title for the recipe you want? I found a pulled pork recipe from June 2003 issue.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by bjcotton (Do you have the exac...)
WELCOME, Amie!!!! I am also a little at a loss as to which ïssue" you are speaking of----SORRY!!!

Please visit again and let us know if you have a little more info------was it one of the 'regular' issues or one of the supplements??

We will help---IF we can!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
I have the pulled pork one for you...we love it and both of the sauces that go with it.

Pulled Pork from Cuisine at Home Holiday Issue

Makes 14 cups pork
Total time: about 8 hours + resting

COMBINE; RUB OVER:

¼ cup kosher salt
¼ cup ground black pepper
¼ cup chili powder
1 T. dried oregano leaves
1 T. dried thyme leaves
1 t. cayenne
1 bone-in pork shoulder 6-8 lbs (Boston Butt)

Preheat oven to 325°.

Combine salt, pepper, and seasonings in bowl.

Place a large sheet of foil on a roasting rack, then lay another piece on top, perpendicular to the first. Place pork in the middle of foil and rub spice mixture on all sides. Gather top sheet of foil around the pork and crimp closed, followed by the bottom sheet, to ensure a tight seal. Gently crimp sides closed.

Roast pork 7 ½ hours. Increase oven temperature to 400°. Open foil to expose the pork and roast until crust is dark and crisp, 20-30 minutes. Remove roast from oven and let rest until cool to the touch, about 30 minutes.

Transfer pork to a cutting board and pull out the large bone from the roast—it should slide out easily with no resistance.

Pull pork apart with 2 forks (or your hands if it’s cool enough to handle). Remove and discard any visible pieces of fat and gristle before serving.

Mustard sauce

Makes about 1 ¾ cups
Total time: 15 minutes

SIMMER:
1 cup prepared yellow mustard
½ cup white vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 T. unsalted butter
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. molasses
½ t. cayenne

Simmer all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat until warm, stirring occasionally.

Vinegar Sauce

Makes 2 cups; Total time: 5 minutes

WHISK TOGETHER:

1 ½ cups cider vinegar
½ cups ketchup
2 T. molasses
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. ground black pepper
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
Salt to taste

Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by TwilightKitten (I have the pulled po...)
TAMMY to the rescue!!!! Nice to see you again, TK!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by Roxanne 21 (TAMMY to the rescue!...)
It says to cook at 325 for 7.5 hours? I would have thought it'd be like 12-18 hours at 225. All pulled pork recipes I've read talk about much longer cooking times.

Do you just serve the pork with the sauces on the side? Or do you pour them over the meat prior to serving?

I'm looking to get a Caja China to roast pork butts (or whole 70lb pig) and I'm very excited to try any recipes But since I have to wait on the caja china the oven is my next attempt
  Re: Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by DFen911 (It says to cook at 3...)
I'm with you Denise, I think I'd also lower the heat and cook it much longer! May have to do this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Menu annd complete recipes from Holiday CookBook by DFen911 (It says to cook at 3...)
Quote:

It says to cook at 325 for 7.5 hours? I would have thought it'd be like 12-18 hours at 225. All pulled pork recipes I've read talk about much longer cooking times.

Do you just serve the pork with the sauces on the side? Or do you pour them over the meat prior to serving?

I thought that the heat was going to be too high, but I tried it exactly as printed and the meat fell apart beautifully. The bone just slipped right out and the pork was a quivering mass of meat. We served the sauces on the side. Two of us loved the vinegar (myself included!) and the other two loved the mustard.
Tammy