February Book to Cook From
  Re: (...)
Now that the holidays are behind me and I'm getting on an even keel with my cooking, I'm going back and choose another book I've not cooked from for February.

This month instead of a 'book,' I've chosen a magazine. I had such a stack of them that it took me forever to to get to this one, but oh what a winner it is.

September '07 - Food and Wine. The whole magazine is on Italy's Best Recipes. I dog-eared almost every page in the whole mag, so I guess this will be what I'll be cooking a few of for the month. This is going to be fun.

I'll post any that are exceptional.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: February Book to Cook From by cjs (Now that the holiday...)
I love Food and Wine. They have some great recipes! I look forward to your suggestions. My wine-rep-neighbor will be over for martinis (I think tonight) so I can pick out 24 bottles of wine from the fundraiser night. Glug, glug! February gonna be a great month!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: February Book to Cook From by luvnit (I love Food and Wine...)
Well since we won't be here all month I'm going to pick a magazine too - LCBO!!! It arrived in the mail last night, and sorry Bill, the grapefruit beurre blanc went right out the window for Salmon with Ginger Cream Sauce. WOW!

Bob wanted to read about the wine, Jennifer was interested in that and the drinks, and I wanted to visually devour the recipes. Darn near had a brawl!

Thank you Lorraine!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: February Book to Cook From by Harborwitch (Well since we won't ...)
I sure have a lot of dog eared pages in this issue also, Sharon.
"Salmon with Ginger Cream Sauce" - in the magazine?? I don't see it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: February Book to Cook From by cjs (I sure have a lot o...)
Oh heck, I changed my mind on the book for February...I finished reading a book last night (ahem... ) and the recipes in the back of it sound so good, that's the one I'm going with instead!! I guess I can say that at least, the dishes from the Tenth Muse.....................but, I wont' review any till February 28 (is that the date?)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: February Book to Cook From by cjs (I sure have a lot o...)
Well sorry it took so long - but had to go hunt down the magazine!

It is on page 79 - in an ad for "real" cream, right next to that disgusting obnoxious nauseatingly delicious looking cake! (that I am probably going to have to make!)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: February Book to Cook From by Harborwitch (Well sorry it took s...)
oh my, doesn't that look.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: February Book to Cook From by cjs (oh my, doesn't that ...)
I was going to cook from madeleine Kamman's "When French Women Cook", but like Mayann, I'm trying to eat lighter. Maybe I'll dig out the Heart Healthy book!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: February Book to Cook From by Lorraine (I was going to cook ...)
I've been doing the cook from a new book each month---still have to chose one for Feb but I'm not sure quite yet---will let y'all know (when I figure it out---)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy