Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak anyone?
  Re: (...)
Oh my! This was yummy. I'd have never thought about the Herbs de Provence on a steak - love it on chicken, but this was so good. We only had "regular" black olives on hand but the vinaigrette was wonderful anyway.

Rib-Eye Steak with Black Olive Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
See this recipe on air Monday Feb. 11 at 1:30 PM ET/PT.

Rib-eye Steak:
1 2-inch rib-eye steak, boneless
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Black Olive Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup black olives, pitted
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

For the Rib-eye: Preheat your grill pan on medium high heat. Coat the beef with olive oil and sprinkle with the Herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes a side until the meat is medium-rare, remove from heat, and allow to rest.

For the Black Olive Vinaigrette: Combine the olives, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until mixed. In a small pitcher combine the olive oil and vegetable oil. Drizzle the oil into the blender with the machine running. Transfer the vinaigrette to a serving dish. Stir in the parsley and serve with the rib-eye.

Recipe Summary
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
User Rating: 5 Stars
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak anyone? by Harborwitch (Oh my! This was yum...)
Sharon, you're killing me! YUM! Copied and saved. I'll use it when I've lost about a hundred pounds!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak anyone? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, you're killi...)
Now do you want her Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes???
  Re: Re: Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak any by Harborwitch (Now do you want her ...)
Sharon, you don' know what a weakness I have for focaccia! But rosemary and...grapes? That sounds "different".
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak any by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, you don' kno...)
Wow, what a feast that must have been...it all sounds so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak any by cjs (Wow, what a feast th...)
It was a feast! And it is so good, definitely a keeper menu. I'm also thinking the orzo would be a good one for PC'ing.
  Re: Re: Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak any by Harborwitch (It was a feast! And...)
You bet and I posted a list of additions to rice that I used to keep handy for p.c.ing and orzo is great as a substitution also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Uh, to serve with the baked orzo??? Steak any by cjs (You bet and I posted...)
I have printed that list and have it in my PC stuff. We love orzo - a nice different starch that's so easy. One of our fave ways is to just toss the orzo with butter, quartered blanched radishes, and chives. Sort of like a spring celebration!