The Magazine...
  Re: (...)
So here I sit reading the February 2008 edition of Cuisine at Home magazine, my first ever copy, and I am sooo impressed. Found it at Sam's Club with Holly's brother this afternoon. Holly is going to let me subscribe after seeing how moved I am by the issue. For a magazine designed and geared towards the home Chef (I've read your posts and "listened" to your stories...I don't know if Jean would agree, but to me you all deserve the title for what you do for your friends and families!) it is a GREAT magazine!

It doesn't waste your time with articles about far away places and restaurants that most only dream about and can never attend or with such advanced techniques that even with their meager instructions you need a year at CIA or FCI to make the dish. It is a cut and dry magazine with dishes that anyone would feel comfortable with! Love the "From Our Readers-tips and techniques" section. The Poached Egg Fun, the Modern Roux and the No Drops, Runs, or Errors! are great tips and ideas for all in any kitchen both home and professional!

The recipes, the techniques and the magazine in general are a great find! Love the three whole punch thing too! Got 3" binders awaiting more issues!!! Can't wait to get the subscription underway! So glad once again that Gourmet_Mom and cjs invited me to join you all here...not only has the forum a blast...yet another extended family, but the magazine is wicked awesome too!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: The Magazine... by firechef (So here I sit readin...)
LJ, I'm SO glad you picked up a copy....Isn't it GRAND! I'm planning on picking up the annual collections in hardback of past issues...check it out on the home page. At a little under 30 bucks a book, you get a whole year's subscription in one spiral bound book.

If you look at the homepage offer, you can see what's in each addition and pick your year...good luck, I don't know which year to start with...LOL! As you can see, it's bi-monthly, but you get more than your money's worth....incredible cooking techniques and recipes with tips and tricks and NO unwanted extras!

Also, look for extras...Cuisine at Home for Two, Holidays, etc. I found the Cuisine for Two last weekend and have so many pages dogeared its ridiculous!

I'm so glad we both joined...such great new friends that just LOVE cooking with no ego or attitude...both pro and home "chef"! Thanks Jean!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by Gourmet_Mom (LJ, I'm SO glad you ...)
The magazine DOES bring all levels together with just darn good food!! I'm so glad I found this site also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by cjs (The magazine DOES br...)
As am I! I joined a couple of other sites before I found this one and found them a little standoffish, but not the people here, I was welcomed with open arms and open hearts! I talk with some members on the phone frequently and if my phone package extended to S. Africa I'd be talking to Roxanne!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by bjcotton (As am I! I joined a...)
speaking of whom - where the heck is she???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by cjs (speaking of whom - w...)
I also love this magazine. It has improved my cooking tremendously!

Yes, where is Roxanne, I don't think we have heard from her in over a week. And it is her turn to pick a dinner...

Hello Roxanne...we are talking about you. Please come out and play.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by esgunn (I also love this mag...)
You know, you're right...she is missing in action. But didn't she pick her dinner on Erin's thread? HMMM?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by Gourmet_Mom (You know, you're rig...)
Good point...I hope I didn't scare her away...doesn't seem like the type to scare easy, she is from New Hampshire after all.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by firechef (Good point...I hope ...)
Quote:

Good point...I hope I didn't scare her away...doesn't seem like the type to scare easy, she is from New Hampshire after all.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The Magazine... by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Hey y'all!!!!! I do go MIA on occasion---you should know that by now!~!!! TOO many thangs happening here that keep me busy and by the end of the day I'm too pooped to check out what has been happening--but I eventually catch up!! (sort of!!!)

NO WAY could ANY BODY scare away a Polish New Hampshirite!!! LOL!!!!! You guys are stuck with me--- !!!

Billy---your message was so touching!!! Have you ever heard of SKYPE???? You might check into that and we could chat FOR FREE!!!!!! Just a thought...... This may be a piece of computer technology that I could teach you about??? (that would be a revelation!!! )

Thoughts are with you on your visit to Portland---who needs a gallbladder anyway----Peter had his removed about seven years ago---has not made an iota of a difference in any aspect of his life!!!!! HUGS to you!!! You best be in touch soon after to keep your fan club informed of your progress!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy