Pictures of my bread
  Re: (...)
This is the new variation called Almost No-Knead bread. I don't have a proofing dish, so I just used a casserole dish and parchment paper, then ended up baking in that as well. Here is the result:
[Image: breadrising.jpg]
[Image: finishedbread.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Pictures of my bread by Mare749 (This is the new vari...)
I'll be damned - I've got a bowl just like that!! O.K., that's what I'm going to do next time. I gotta tell you tho, I can't make this recipe very often, it's too good!

Great pictures - I'm so glad you posted them, Maryann!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pictures of my bread by cjs (I'll be damned - I'v...)
Thanks Jean, I finally got the hang of it!
Maryann

Re: Re: Pictures of my bread by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, I final...)
Heck, that looks like my French White CorningWare!!!! I've been holding off making it because I didn't think I had a decent pan to cocok it in (sounds like a good excuse!). Thanks, Maryann, great pics!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pictures of my bread by Lorraine (Heck, that looks lik...)
Ok did you bake it with the paper around it?
  Re: Re: Pictures of my bread by DFen911 (Ok did you bake it w...)
Quote:

Ok did you bake it with the paper around it?

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know.

I've been wanting to get a souffle pan, ever since I experimented with Billy on the Bacon Cheddar Souffle. Guess I've got another reason. Kill two birds with one stone...my dutch oven is HUGE and I had a problem with it the first time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pictures of my bread by Mare749 (This is the new vari...)
Thanks for posting this picture! I have been drooling over this recipe and the other pics. that have been posted but have not made this because I didn't have a proper pan.....now I know that I do have a dish I can use!!!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Pictures of my bread by mlucas1 (Thanks for posting t...)
Thanks everybody, I wasn't sure if I should post the pictures or not, or if anybody would really care if I did.

Yes, I did bake the bread as pictured, rising nicely in the parchment lined Corningware. Actually, I have baked it in Corningware without parchment paper and it came out just fine. It just kind of pops out once you loosen it on the sides. I may have sprayed it with oil first. Also, have done this with a pyrex bread pan and it worked just fine.

And last, but not least, I have a two-sided baguette pan that I have used a few times. This bread is so easy and so tasty, I rarely buy bakery bread anymore. Oh, I almost forgot, my husband loves this bread with sesame seeds sprinkled on top. It sticks best when you brush the top with egg white.
Maryann

Re: Re: Pictures of my bread by Mare749 (Thanks everybody, I ...)
Ok ok..this leads me to more questions. I have dish similar to yours so going to try that. I also have a french loaf pan. Soooo do you guys think I could make 2 batches and pour them into the forms and pull them slightly to make the longer loaves? Or I could let them do their final rise in that....woot I can see I'm gonna play with this. I'll be sure to post pictures too. I LOVE pictures!
  Re: Re: Pictures of my bread by DFen911 (Ok ok..this leads me...)
That looks so dang good...I really don't like it when you guys post such good photos in these threads. I do more damage to computers licking the screen trying to taste the stuff...thanks for putting the photos with the thread it makes it easier to visualize the finished product and the process that goes along with it.

I'd do the same but I am not that bright computer wise...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)