Too much ham
  Re: (...)
We made our Easter ham on Saturday... Had the Bistro Sandwich (with ham) on Sunday... Ham sandwiches on Monday...

We are going Up North on Thursday and my dad said he is making.... can you guess?.... Yes, a ham.

Now I like ham, but we have it a few times a year and that's great. I will have to start drinking water NOW.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Too much ham by luvnit (We made our Easter h...)
It's been so long since we've o.d.'d on ham - now that I've got this 2nd freezer, will probably pick up a couple to have on hand.

Yes, take lots of water bottles with you -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Too much ham by cjs (It's been so long si...)
I feel for you Laura. When we used to do the holiday thing at both grandma's, we'd either be ham'ed or turkey'ed out, too. Hang in there! And yes, drink lots of water!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Too much ham by Gourmet_Mom (I feel for you Laura...)
Oh yeah, the two family dinners and now we try to do one for the three of us at home as well. We do BOTH Holly's family and my Mom's the SAME day for some holidays. Two Thanksgivings and two Easter's in one day is a bit much. Luckily we do three Christmas's over two days. Then we do a lot of Greek Orthodox holiday dates as well. We are fortunate that my Mother does different things than Holly's family and our stuff at home is normally traditional Greek or French Canadian fare for us.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Too much ham by firechef (Oh yeah, the two fam...)
This is exactly why I used to have holiday dinners at different times - why put your kids thru all that?? Ridiculous.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Too much ham by cjs (This is exactly why ...)
OHHHH Water with ALL that salt????? BLOAT TIME!!!

Don't cha just love ham???? We have it very infrequently cuz the ham here is not all that great---way too salty in the brine process for our taste====but a fresh shoulder is not bad!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Too much ham by Roxanne 21 (OHHHH Water with...)
I usually only make a ham on New Year's Day. I buy a small bone-in ham because it is hard to use it all before we're sick of it. Then for leftovers, we'll have at least one more sliced ham dinner. My son likes to use ham with his scrambled eggs or omelets. Now that I have the FoodSaver, I will make small packages of cubed ham for him and put them in the freezer for later. I also make a casserole with Uncle Ben's wild rice mix, cubed ham, broccoli & cheese and finally a big pot of split pea or navy bean soup with the bone. The soup is the biggest treat of all.
  Re: Re: Too much ham by HomeCulinarian (I usually only make ...)
LOVE split pea soup--one of Peter's favs!!! And I am with you--I make a ham once a year. Scalloped potatoes are a must and some mild green veggie---and then comes the soup!!! YUMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Too much ham by Roxanne 21 (LOVE split pea soup-...)
Hmmmm... Leftover ham = croquettes. Yum!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?