Neat Opportunities For Me...
  Re: (...)
I have had done some work with some "famous" Chefs in the past and done some cooking classes and demonstrations for schools and "women's groups" and "seniors groups" but this spring is a dream come true.

I start out in a week (nothing like a little time to prepare) I am doing a "Cooking School" for a different magazine that has a similar theme to this one at a local community college. I am doing two demo/lectures that night. One is about making cheesecakes at home with no fear of the scary things like springform pans and water baths. The other is a part of the Iowa Pork Congress as a couple of us from the Taste of Elegance Competition talk and demonstrate the many uses of pork.

The other things I have been asked to do are later into spring. One is the now annual Iowa Public Television demo and fund raising dinner. This year Mario Batali is doing the demo and the dinner will feature his recipes and a menu he designs. The other demo/book signing I have been asked to work is a demo being done by Chef John Besh. He is scheduled to be at a "Gourmet" grocery store in Des Moines later this summer. I was not familiar with him and almost said no until I researched his restaurants in New Orleans. We all know I am almost obsessed with that city and the cuisines of the bayou. These are great chances for me and I wanted to share with everyone. I really thought that last year with Chef Rick Bayless was a once in a life time thing. I am so shocked that I have been asked to do this stuff again.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Neat Opportunities For Me... by firechef (I have had done some...)
WOW! Way to go LJ! I am sooo proud of you. I know you are excited. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
John Besh should have been the next Iron Chef and Mario needs no introduction. I envy you--take advantage of it!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Neat Opportunities For Me... by Old Bay (John Besh should hav...)
I'm with Bill - I wanted Besh to win that competition also!!

Way to go, LJ - what a lot a fun to look forward to!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Neat Opportunities For Me... by cjs (I'm with Bill - I wa...)
Now isn't that the cat's meow!!! GOOD ON YA, LJ!!!!

ANOTHER celebrity in our midst----GEESH---we mere mortals will bathe in your glory!!!

A late addition---I have NO CLUE as to who John Besh is---guess I should do a little research---will do!!! Tough being outta touch!!!

YOU MUST give us very detailed descriptions of your adventures---I will vicariously live through your most special moments......WOW!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Your star is rising! Enjoy the ride.
LJ that is fantastic. I'm agreeing with Bill and Jean - John Besh should have been the next Iron Chef. I loved the dishes he did on the show.

It sounds like you are going to have a fantastic & busy Spring!! I'm so happy for you - what an amazing opportunity.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Neat Opportunities For Me... by Harborwitch (LJ that is fantastic...)
O.K., saved me a call - you're back, Sharon and where have you been??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Neat Opportunities For Me... by cjs (O.K., saved me a cal...)
Still got that crud! Spent Saturday & Sunday working in the yard now the crud is worse - thinking allergies! Hack, gaaack, snork.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
How exciting! What wonderful opportunities.

WAY TO GO!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.