OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh No!
  Re: (...)
Okay, I know I am 40 years old and should not have to answer to anyone, BUT... my MIL and my FIL are coming back from their annual trip to AZ. They are planning to stop here tomorrow and I have the Bluestar sitting in my foyer waiting for installation! I can hear her voice now, "J#$%$ Chri$t! What the he!! is that! I cooked just fine on the same stove for 50 years!" Blah, blah, blah!

They are still upset that they came back from AZ one year and hubby and I were MARRIED! (without their knowledge or consent).

I wanted them to see the 'finished' product. You know, kitchen remodel... all done... everything in place, etc. No luck on that. She's gonna have a mouthful of things to say I am sure.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh No! by luvnit (Okay, I know I am 40...)
Just smile and be your normal gracious beautiful self!!! WHO CARES!!!!! You don't have to live with them---a few hours will be okay!!! CALMA!! CALMA!!! CALMA!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh No! by Roxanne 21 (Just smile and be yo...)
I will just repeat that mantra: "CALMA!! CALMA!!! CALMA!!! " It's crazy, I know. But they get to my hubby more than me. They think I am spending his retirement before their very eyes! Why do they care? I don't know. Let's hope they surprise me with a positive attitute.
Laura
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh No! by Roxanne 21 (Just smile and be yo...)
In one ear and out the other...

Great advise in my opinion. As for the stove...you do not just cook, you create...let me go find a quote for you, be right back

Miss me? Didn't think so...here it is:

"My passion is to reach beyond inspiration - to be spectacularly creative."-Chef Robert Irvine

And that my dear is what you are going to do with your brand new stove! Billy too!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh by firechef (In one ear and out t...)
Yes, I did miss you... I was hoping you would be back with words of wisdom. And I hope they see that I need a creative outlet and that my passion for cooking runs in my veins. I could have more destructive or less productive 'hobbies', but I choose to feed my family with love and REALLY GREAT FOOD!
Laura
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh by luvnit (Yes, I did miss you....)
GO GIRL!!!!!!!
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh by Roxanne 21 (GO GIRL!!!!!!! [i...)
Gosh I have the urge to stand on a tall object with a lit lighter and or throw a fist in the air...what Roxanne said! From a guy even...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh by firechef (Gosh I have the urge...)

You do have a way with words and creating those pictures---a special gift, for sure!!!

Now everybody--SHOUT!!!! CALMA!! Calma!!! CALMA!!

GO GIRL, GO!!!!!
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh by Roxanne 21 ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Oh gosh now you two get me started... My favorite movie, Gone with the Wind quote, "As God is my witness!..."

Imagine me, standing next to my new range... "... my family will never go hungry again!" (It's all very dramatic with dirt strategically rubbed on my face as to not mar my lovely profile for the cameras.)

[Image: gwtwradish.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: OT-My Mother-In-Law is coming back from AZ! Oh by luvnit (Oh gosh now you two ...)
And the Academy Award is given too....