Next birthday dinner for review
  Re: (...)
Okay, so I changed my mind about the scallop salad. Since we just had the asian ribs, I wanted to choose something with a different flavor, so here it is. Since I will be in Myrtle Beach on June 9, reviews will be due June 16 this time. I just love this new issue! Lots of great recipes to try.

* Exported from MasterCook *

COBB SALAD MUFFALETTA

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup blue cheese -- crumbled
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper -- to taste
1 3/4 lb. turkey tenderloin, lightly coated with oil, salt and pepper
4 strips thick-sliced bacon
1 loaf focaccia -- halved horizontally
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cups arugula
1 avocado -- pitted, peeled, sliced
2 tomatoes -- sliced
2 hard-cooked eggs -- sliced

Preheat one side of a grill to high and the other side to low. Whisk together 1/3 cup oil, blue cheese, vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper in a small bowl for the vinaigrette.

Grill tenderloin over high heat, turning occasionally, until it registers 180 F. on an instant read thermometer, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest about 5 minutes, then carve across the grain into 1/4" slices.

Meanwhile, grill bacon over low heat until crisp, 15-20 minutes, Brush cut sides of focaccia with vinaigrette; toss arugula with 3 T. vinaigrette to coat.

Layer avocado, tomatoes, turkey slices, eggs, bacon and arugula on bottom half of focaccia. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette, top with remaining focacia, and cut into 6 wedges. Serve with potato chips.

BAKED POTATO CHIPS
For even browning, check the chips after 15 minutes, and turn if needed.
Makes about 3 cups

1 russet potato, sliced into paper thin rounds (1/2 lb.)
2 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 F; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Soak potato slices in ice water for 10 minutes; drain, layer on paper towels and blot dry. Gently toss with oil, salt and pepper, then arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.

Bake until golden and crisp, 20-25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper before serving.

Source:
"Cuisine at Home, Issue 69, June 2008, page 38"
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Next birthday dinner for review by Mare749 (Okay, so I changed m...)
GREAT choice! I've got this on the menu for this week anyway, so I'll be ready in plenty of time. Can't wait to try baking potato chips. I don't have a mandoline, so getting them thin enough may be a challenge, but I'll give it a go!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Next birthday dinner for review by Gourmet_Mom (GREAT choice! I've ...)
Great choice, Maryann! I'm going to hold off a while to make it - this last one killed me keeping my mouth shut.

When do you leave for Myrtle beach??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Next birthday dinner for review by cjs (Great choice, Maryan...)
That sounds really good. I think I'll hold off a bit too. I've got 3 new cookbooks to play from. Hmmmm at this rate I may have to hit Curves 4 or 5 times a week!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Next birthday dinner for review by Harborwitch (That sounds really g...)
Hey, Maryann, I forgot to mention...If you're in MB after school gets out, how about hooking up for lunch or something. I'm not but about an hour or less away!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Next birthday dinner for review by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Maryann, I forg...)
Daphne, that would be a blast! I would love to! We're going June 7 through 14 and will be staying in North Myrtle Beach at Windy Hill Dunes. I am so excited to be going this year because with starting a new job in March, I'm not really suppose to get a vacation until next year. But, my new supervisor insisted that I should not miss out on a family vacation and is letting me go.

Both daughters, husbands, kids, and inlaws are all going, 11 of us in all. This will be Alyssa's first time to the beach ever since having her heart surgery and coming off of oxygen last summer. So, it's a very exciting trip.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Next birthday dinner for review by Mare749 (Daphne, that would b...)
OMG, I get out on the 11th! The weekend before would be OK, but you guys will be settling in. Any day after the 11th, I'm there!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Next birthday dinner for review by Mare749 (Daphne, that would b...)
This will be a great vacation for all of you, especially Alyssa. Have a fantastic time! (Anyone coming to the NH coast [all 11 miles of it] this summer? Just let me know...)

I think that's a great idea for your birthday dinner review, Maryanne. Perfect for this time of year.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Next birthday dinner for review by pjcooks (This will be a great...)
And we don't have any birthdays in June - unless someone new that hasn't let us in on their date.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com