Dinner Tonight - Sunday??
  Re: (...)
Back to the kitchen for everyday meals for a while. I have two new catfish books and 3 pkgs. of catfish in the freezer - we be having catfish for dinner!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by cjs (Back to the kitchen ...)
Got the latest Cooking Light mag in the mail Friday - there's a grilled chicken w/a sweet & spicy dressing (basically lime juice, chipotle chili, honey, cilantro type dressing) I might make.

Right now I'm paying the price for over-indulging in Chardonnay at an Angel's baseball game last night so we'll see.
  Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by cjs (Back to the kitchen ...)
Today is my son's bday party at the local skating place. The kids will rollerblade/skate, play video games, and play laser tag. Then we will have pizza and cake. Thank goodness I don't have to do any of the prep or cleanup!!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by mlucas1 (Today is my son's bd...)
Hey Meg, tell that fellow gemini Happy Birthday!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by cjs (Hey Meg, tell that f...)
There is another little Gemini in the group! Grandbaby #3, Alyssa, is 3 years old today. We are having quite a celebration later this afternoon at her house. This will be an especially fun birthday for her (and for her parents!)since she is now a healthy little girl. I made potato salad, pasta salad, cocktail meatballs and cut up a watermelon. The girls are taking care of the meats. So, we will be eating all kinds of picnic food for the rest of the day. And it's an absolutely gorgeous day!

Meg, happy birthday wishes to your son. Hope his party is lots of fun. (sure sounds like it will be)

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by Mare749 (There is another lit...)
WOW! TWO "grand" birthdays!

It's gorgeous here today too! I'm off to make bread for the next few meals and sit on the deck while it does it's thing. I was worried about bread making, since there was a chance of wet weather today, but looks like it won't be here 'til later.

I'm having the review dinner tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. It's soooo good! I may not be able to grill my turkey tenderloin unless I do it early. They're saying it may get nasty here later. Good luck out there, all of you in the path of these storms. The weather has really been CRAZY lately.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! TWO "grand" bi...)
We're going to fire up the pizza oven and pray the installation was correct--I've cured it 3 times at temps around 400-- no big flames yet--say a prayer for us!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by Old Bay (We're going to fire ...)
It's a miserable rainy cold day here We're indoors watching movies and having a few before dinner drinks. It'll be an early dinner of shrimp and eggplant Kung Poa, hot and spicy and maybe some lowfat ice cream for dessert and then cuddling teehee
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by farnfam (It's a miserable rai...)
farnfam - You make miserable cold rainy weather sound delightful!
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Sunday?? by farnfam (It's a miserable rai...)
Cuddlings good!

Bill, be sure to let us know how the oven works!! Did I tell you our neighbor bakes his bread after doing his pizzas, when the oven isn't quite so hot? With all the projects we have this year, looks like the pizza oven will be in '09...gee, that sounds so far out.
www.achefsjourney.com