Monday's Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to? Sharon probably doesn't have much of the jam left....

I found a lonely turkey cutlet in the freezer, so it's brining and think I'll grill it with the coffee/cinnamon rub along with grilled corn, artichokes, pineapple.

tomorrow it's supposed to rain for a few days, so will try some 'winter' dishes I didn't get to....

We're off to the big city to pick up the hood for the stove - love the stove, hope I love the hood as much!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner?? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
I'm planning on trying the raspberry grilled chicken from the new Grilling cookbook, brie on toasted baguettes and all!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm planning on tryi...)
Chicken for Holly and Duck for me...poor girl doesn't know what she is missing. I am smoking the duck with Jack Daniels wood chips that were given to me as a birthday gift now that I have yet another new grill...not sure on the sides but Holly wants BBQ sauce on her chicken so maybe a pasta salad of some sort. The roof is all better and the deck is almost fixed so if it ever stops raining and storming here I might get to enjoy things again...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by firechef (Chicken for Holly an...)
We're having a grilled cajun chicken salad with spicy buttermilk dressing. Toasted baguette slices on the side.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by firechef (Chicken for Holly an...)
Happy to see you're up and running again, LJ! Your dinner sounds better than mine, as a matter of fact, everyone's does-I guess we're not doing supper tonight, either, the summer diet has begun (Why do I have to diet when he does???)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by pjcooks (Happy to see you're ...)
"(Why do I have to diet when he does???)" - ain't love grand......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by cjs ("(Why do I have to d...)
Pot roast! I know it's crazy making pot roast when we finally got really nice weather, but it's just one of those things that we like once in a while and haven't had one lately. I cooked it yesterday morning when I was busy cooking everything else and it is so nice and tender. Also roasting a mixed medley of fresh veggies on the grill to go with.

Jean, if it's not too late, you could always use that turkey tenderloin for the Muffaletta dinner party review.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by Mare749 (Pot roast! I know i...)
I've got the lamb ragu made, might as well eat that tonight. It sounds really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by Harborwitch (I've got the lamb ra...)
I'm trying the Italian Steak Sandwich with Pepper Mayo from Cuisine Tonight page 15. The rolls were made yesterday, pepper mayo is made and chilling, herb oil is mixed, spinach is rinsed and crisping, and sirloin is coming to temp. Almost time to heat up the grill and eat!

Funny, I've got 4 sandwich style meals planned for this week...the muffuletta last night, the steak tonight, the Greek Gyro Wednesday, and the shrimp roll for Friday. Oh well, it's good eating good so far!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying the Itali...)
I had such a good supper tonight with my sister Carol. Here's what we had:

Tampiquena
A New York Steak stuffed with shrimp, onions, and tomato; wrapped in bacon, then covered with sautéed mushrooms, onions, green bell pepper and a special sauce and topped with sliced avocado. Sides were Mexican rice, Beans de la Olla, and Albondigas soup. Oh yum!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy