Some New Recipes
  Re: (...)
Our neighbor, Capt. Jay, attended some type of conference in Alaska - El Capitan Lodge - someone from the lodge sent him some of their recipes and he sent them to me last night.

They sound wonderful - I'll post as I try them. But this one sounded so outstanding I'll post it now. All the recipes are for ~20, so will have to play with a little.

PRAWNS WITH PEA AND MARSCARPONE RAVIOLI -SUNDRIED TOMATO CREAM-SAUTEED SPINACH WITH PANCETTA AND PAN ROASTED ASPARAGUS

Pasta dough: makes 24 ravioli

1 cup cake flour
¼ cup AP flour
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
¼ cup water

Mix all ingredients in food processor; process until it just comes together and turn out on a lightly floured surface; knead for 6-8 min; let rest for an hour before using

Pasta filling:

½ gallon mascarpone cheese
1 lb sweet peas-blanched
2 tablespoon honey
4 eggs
2 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp ground black pepper

Puree peas; add to mascarpone with eggs, salt and pepper; whip together until well blended.

Sun dried tomato cream:

6 bags sun-dried tomatoes
1 medium onion-small dice
2 celery ribs-small dice
5 cloves garlic-minced
Olive oil
2 cups white wine
¼ cup sweet vermouth
1 quart shrimp stock
1 quart heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté onion and celery in olive oil until starting to caramelize; add garlic and continue to cook for another minute or two; add sun dried tomatoes; cook another minute; add white wine and sweet vermouth; reduce by half; add stock and reduce slightly; transfer to blender and puree until smooth; transfer back to pot and add cream; reduce until thick enough to coat spoon; taste for salt and pepper; strain and keep warm

Spinach:

Garlic-minced
Pancetta-brunoise
Spinach
Butter
Salt and pepper

Sauté pancetta in butter until it starts to brown slightly; add garlic and cook another minute; add spinach; cook until just starting to wilt; turn off heat and continue to stir; spinach will continue to cook; season with salt and pepper

Asparagus:

60 spears of asparagus-end cut off on bias
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Sauté asparagus on high heat in olive oil until al dente; season with salt and pepper

-------

AND, the pasta roller is still out, ready to use.

here's what a couple of the others are -

PROCUITTO WRAPPED HALIBUT WITH FRESH HERB AND CAPER JUS-PARMESAN SMASHED POTATOES-PORT REDUCTION AND BROCCOLI RABE

CHICKEN SAUSAGE WHITE BEAN AND SAGE SOUP

Well, there goes my semi-planned menu for a while....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Some New Recipes by cjs (Our neighbor, Capt. ...)
This sounds yummy. 6 bags of sundried tomatoes...about how many in a bag? I can only buy them in bulk here or in a jar with olive oil.

I can see I'm gonna have to make some more stock I used up the last of my lobster stock and duck stock. Our grocery store out here is going to have a sale on lobsters for this father's day weekend. May have to get a few.
  Re: Re: Some New Recipes by DFen911 (This sounds yummy. 6...)
OH MY! Can't wait. I'm planning on experimenting with ravioli next week! Perfect timing...this, the beets, and the salmon are now on the list!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Some New Recipes by Gourmet_Mom (OH MY! Can't wait. ...)
Denise, seems to me I have an old 'bag' of those around the pantry somewhere, will look at the ozs.

...and you're not even a week into summer vacation, Daphne...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Some New Recipes by DFen911 (This sounds yummy. 6...)
The dried I get in a bag are from Mariani and it is a small bag - 3 oz.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Some New Recipes by cjs (Denise, seems to me ...)
Jean, if you only knew! I'm spending the next few days getting the house "right", then it's on with the cooking! I've got a few things I've tried and liked on the menu for now, except for the Chicken Saltimboca (sp?) and Laura's "rice-a-roni" tonight. Then I have GOT to repeat the shrimp salad for Father's Day.

Actually, looking at my menu, I've got a new recipe every night except Monday...LOL! But they are all sides...something I'm always looking for...Shirley's granola, Lab's Summer Pasta, and Giada's Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad.

But after that...look out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Some New Recipes by cjs (Denise, seems to me ...)
The Sun Dried Tomatoes I have come in 8 oz and 16 oz bags. The brand is Bella San Lucci.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Some New Recipes by bjcotton (The Sun Dried Tomato...)
Quote:

... they are all sides... Lab's Summer Pasta...

Actually, the Summer Pasta doesn't HAVE to be a side. It makes a big batch, and can work well as a main dish, too. What I like to do with it is to mix some cooked chicken into it. Instant main dish!

Quote:

The Sun Dried Tomatoes I have come in 8 oz and 16 oz bags. The brand is Bella San Lucci.

On occasions when some friends have brought some sun-drieds to me, here, those are the ones they have brought, and I like those. Unfortunately, the only ones I can buy here are the ones that come in a jar, packed with oil. They ARE very good, but I feel the dried/bagged ones give you more freedom of use.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Some New Recipes by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, I forgot to look for my pkg. but looks like others have them also.
www.achefsjourney.com