And Old Movies
  Re: (...)
We watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest night before last - I loved that movie. A lot of old ones have been accessible lately - have taped Michael (John Travolta's movie that was filmed in our little town a few years ago), and a couple of others...

Gotta find World According to Garp - ready to watch that one again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: And Old Movies by cjs (We watched One Flew ...)
Wow! I've not seen that one in a long time. I LOVED Michael! Now Garp....hmmmmm
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: And Old Movies by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! I've not seen ...)
After having seen the latest Indiana Jones film, I thought about other movies with Harrison Ford, and one that I would like to see again, that is probably underrated, is Regarding Henry.

Cuckoo's Nest is a classic, and Garp was good, though not my favourite. John Revolta, however, you can keep.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: And Old Movies by labradors (After having seen th...)
Some time you might like to watch Gene Hackman in "The Package" it's an interesting action one, perhaps a bit obscure
Cis
Empress for Life
Speaking of Jack Nicholson (Cuckoo's Nest) we just saw the Bucket List, it was pretty good.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: And Old Movies by farnfam (Some time you might ...)
Quote:

...Gene Hackman in "The Package"...

Hackman is always interesting. I think my favourite roles for him are the blind man in Young Frankenstein and with Will Smith in Enemy of the State.

Quote:

Speaking of Jack Nicholson (Cuckoo's Nest) we just saw the Bucket List, it was pretty good.

Yep. Enjoyed it. Certainly gives one an appreciation of normal coffee.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: And Old Movies by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Watched Cider House Rules Saturday night - loved that movie, hadn't seen it before.

Watched Hairspray last night - how the heck did Travolta ever dance with all that 'filler' on him??? Fun music.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: And Old Movies by cjs (Watched Cider House ...)
I read Cider House Rules years ago, but never saw the movie...I don't think?

I really want to watch Hairspray and Bucket List. My mother LOVED Bucket List.

Speaking of Harrison Ford (who I love), I watch Airforce One every time it comes on. I like a good action film sometimes! Plus, I'll watch anything with Ford in it. I agree that Regarding Henry was underrated.
Daphne
  Re: Re: And Old Movies by Gourmet_Mom (I read Cider House R...)
Never heard of any of them, so haven't watched them. My TV is on maybe 2 hours a week if Paul isn't home. I like reading better. When Dancing With The Stars is on I watch it faithfully. Love how they improve during the contest. Some of the contestants surprise me at how the judges vote for them...mainly the basketball/football players. I was pleased at how far the deaf woman went and how she could catch the beat of the music.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: And Old Movies by bjcotton (Never heard of any o...)
I am a faithful watcher also Billy!!! I have withdrawls when it's over and I miss it months later. That's another one of those things I want to do...take ballroom dancing.
Daphne