Monday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
With our leftover turkey tenderloin, I think we'll just have turkey sandwiches and grill some corn for a starter.

Oh, and have some Lemon Sponge Pie left from Sunday's dessert.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (With our leftover tu...)
I've got chicken breasts left from the Saltimboca (planned), so will make the Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes. (Made pasta for Saturday, so the dough is ready to cut.)

I had planned to make a Tomato, Mozzerella, Basil Salad, but I'm not sure this won't be overkill with the Candied Cherry Tomatoes in the pasta. I may just have Caesar Salad (also leftover...I mix only enough for who is eating) and save the salad ingredients for pizza later in the week. Especially since SOMEBODY keeps eating my tomatoes from the garden for snacks.

OT- Speaking of tomatoes, you should see the GIANT Mr. Stripy I've got ripening on the counter. (I'll see if I can get a picture.) I can't wait to try it! Before the week is out, I will probably be making marinara. My Roma's are doing the best out at the garden. The bushes are LOADED!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got chicken bre...)
At least the heat wave is doing some good somewhere - my garden is just plodding along giving me a few buds and little starts....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (At least the heat wa...)
I'll probably be out at the garden again this evening or in the morning, so I'll get some pics. The corn is tassling and looks better than I had expected early on. Not a Master Garden, but pretty good for a first time. (I don't count last year.) The beans, squash, and zucchinni are spitting out LOADS! Time to start freezing and canning. We've had to water daily, but with a well, that's OK.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll probably be out...)
Geez Daphne, my bell peppers [a red and an ivory] have very small peppers and blossoms; my jalapenos are about 6 inches tall, the purple tomatoes are about a foot high and the Sun Gold cherry tomatoes have small tomatoes and blossoms. That's all I have planted so far. It was 48°F this morning, not exactly gardening weather. The high yesterday was 72°F and sunny so that helps.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by bjcotton (Geez Daphne, my bell...)
Shoot, I forgot about the peppers. I've got about 20 on the bar now....jalapeno, banana, small apple-shaped yellow (forgot the name), and Pablano. Oddly, the salad tomatoes on the deck are slower than the ones at the garden. But they have more shade, so I guess that's the reason.

Can't I just roast and freeze these? Or should I pack in oil?

Edited to add: I think the little yellow ones are a pimento. I'm gonna watch these and see if some turn red?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got chicken bre...)
Quote:

I've got chicken breasts left from the Saltimboca (planned), so will make the Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes. (Made pasta for Saturday, so the dough is ready to cut.)

Those are both favorites of mine, Daphne. I didn't even bother with tomatoes this year, I decided to just do a lot of herbs instead. I'll miss them in August, I'm sure.

Dinner tonight-whatever I can clean out of the fridge. Risotto with peas and asparagus and Parm, there's some sort of steak in there, caramalized onions and summer squash, definately a leftover night.

I'll temper it all with some Toll House cookies

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
freeze which, Daphne? the peppers, I would roast first. The tomatoes, I just put in a baggie and keep adding to it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (freeze which, Daphne...)
Sorry about hijacking the thread Jean. I'm starting another thread about the garden...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry about hijackin...)
Burgers! We don't have them that often and we're looking forward to them. I think my husband is making his into a bleu cheese/bacon burger. I may make mine into a southwestern burger topped with cheddar and green chilis.

And because we like them for some odd reason, tater tots.