How is everyone?
  Re: (...)
I just wanted to see what everyone has been up to. I don't see LJ on the front page, how is he doing?

Our kitchen project is nearly done now. I will post some pics this week and update anyone interested. I still can't cook yet, but I am hoping to be able to cook in 10 days! Maybe even less! The finishing work will still need to be completed, but at least we'll be cooking with gas!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: How is everyone? by luvnit (I just wanted to see...)
Gas--ahhhhhh--wonderful.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: How is everyone? by Old Bay (Gas--ahhhhhh--wonder...)
I'd wondered if you guys had been kidnapped by a moose or something. Glad to hear your remodel is close to done. Bet you're glad that stove is out of the entry
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: How is everyone? by bjcotton (I'd wondered if you ...)
Does that mean the "new" stove is up and running???

What was the first thing you cooked on it? Something really special for the family??? Something really tasty??? Or maybe like I did when we got ours last year (nothing fancy for a stove mind you) did you throw a frozen pizza that tasted similar to how you'd imagine the box tasting in the oven of the new stove???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Hi, Laura and LJ! Good to hear from you both

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: How is everyone? by firechef (Does that mean the "...)
Meatloaf and Gingered Carrot Soup were the first thing I really cooked other than Ramen and Paul's grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm looking forward to cooking many, many things. I have to remember things like, make sure to turn the burner to "LITE" and not to just turn it to what setting I want. Oh yeah, another thing I need to learn, don't let your foot slip off the brake while you are shifting gears....it tends to destroy the garage door behind you when you do. Not a mark on the Buick!

Billy
  Re: Re: How is everyone? by bjcotton (Meatloaf and Gingere...)
"don't let your foot slip off the brake while you are shifting gears...." - oh, nice going there, Billy!!

Welcome back Laura. Our kitchen project is almost done, but we didn't do the complete strip-down remodel you did. Have the Sheet metal ordered for a couple of places and I think that's it.

The front deck/paving/fencing is complete also - so the biggie projects for this year are behind us. Just some steps to put in on the side of the house.

Whew!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How is everyone? by bjcotton (Meatloaf and Gingere...)
ROTFLMAO May I suggest not closing the garage door until the car is off - or would it be "open the garage door before trying to back the buick into the garage", or open the garage door before trying to back the car out?????????

Of course you noticed - 3 car garage and not one vehicle will fit in it here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Laura it's good to see you back. I can't wait to see pics of the new kitchen!!!

LJ - good to see you here this AM too! How are you and Holly and Kambree doing?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: How is everyone? by firechef (Does that mean the "...)
Oh it's up and running LJ, I just have to remember to turn it ti "Lite" before turning it to the temp I want. I also have to learn what temps 1 thru 8 dot HI mean. Yesterday I put the carrot soup on the simmer burner turned about med-low and it still boiled. Guess I'd better put it on 1 next time.

Billy