Re: (...)
I am so happy to be back in Washington State - after a month in Iowa
It is so very hot - this time of year.

I really run into a adventure - I went because my Mom health wa in decline
She was Hospitalized - had to scramble for a Rest Home - (found one close for
her to learn to walk again)

Let's see then the river flooded - evacuated the town - Mom's things set in
a semi for 2 weeks - Storms all the time - lots of tornado warnings
- water only in Mom's basement - tore up floor - now need a new floor - in dining room.

But here I am back to my home - and our Mom is recovering - and should be
able to come to her home again.

But this has been an education on the elderly - My sister and I have learned a lot. Sometime Small Towns are good - and Sometimes they are hard to understand.

But I am happy to be back.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by mjkcooking (I am so happy to be ...)
Welcome home, Marye! It sounds like you had quite a stressful month in Iowa. No wonder you are glad to be back home. Hope your mom is regaining her health and will be able to go back to her home soon.

So sit back, relax, and spend some time catching up with us. All kinds of good things happening around here.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by mjkcooking (I am so happy to be ...)
You sound so secure --you are the one to be strong for the family. Og Mandino wrote several books that influenced my life--my favorite of his sayings are--"this too shall pass" and "this is not a problem, it's an opportunity"--I was taught that by my boss at the time, Doug Stuart--wish I knew where he is. Good luck.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by Old Bay (You sound so secure ...)
You make Iowa sound so awful...hot, stormy, flooding, tornadoes...you left out the mosquitoes that are now outnumbering people like 20 to 1!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Wow, marye, you have had quite the adventure. Hope your Mom is doing okay. What a great daughter you are!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by firechef (You make Iowa sound ...)
I'm glad you're back safely Marye!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by bjcotton (I'm glad you're back...)
Oh Marye, this is a bad time to go thru for your Mom - thankfully, not a permanent move. Welcome home! And get back to your classes - I love hearing what you see made and sharing the recipes!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by cjs (Oh Marye, this is a ...)
Wow, Marye! What a month! Looks like you NEED to get back to cooking classes to vent some of this tension you've been dealing with. Like LJ said, you've left the worst behind...the mosquitoes! I can not imagine how bad they must be. After a hurricane, here, they are AWEFUL!

BTW, I'm glad your mom will be able to return home and continue to care for herself. I do not look forward to dealing with rehab/retirement centers/nursing homes one of these days! Even though Mom says she will be content when her time comes, I don't think it will be that easy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, Marye! What a ...)
Marye - you're a wonderful child to take time to get your mom settled. But doesn't it always feels good to be back home!

The Midwest is having a wet summer. Iowa has had a rough go with all the storms and rain this summer. Central Illinois wasn't hit quite as hard. But the ground is saturated here. Our lawn has never looked better and the garden is growing like crazy. Looking forward to a bumper crop.
  Re: Re: Hi - Everyone - Returned from the Midwest by HomeCulinarian (Marye - you're a won...)

Thanks everyone for your kindness - I hope to return to cooking classes

soon - and share with you - I think the Gnats were the worst!

But Iowa is green !!

Looking forward to joining in!

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.