I'm Back :)
  Re: (...)
Hello All!

Holy cow I have been gone far too long. Been trying to keep up on the boards.

Lorraine and Gil Congratulations!! I hope you post some pictures soon.

Laura I do hope your father is doing better!! What an awful thing to go thru

PJ - That dress OMG it's fantastic! now that is a talent I so wish I had.

Chef-Tab - my father is the head of the Scottish Society here. He and my mom travel all over and always wear their regalia

Billy about black pepper. We were taught in school to never season with pepper IF you were going to put the meat down to sear. Like a chicken breast when you want to sear the skin. I put my pepper on my steaks when grilling after I turn them. So I get my sear marks, turn and season the side I just seared. Hope that makes sense.

As for me, well I've been very busy getting ready to move Laura to San Fran in 22 days. We've been making check lists, getting stuff she's going to need. Making doctor appointment to get caught up on checkups. visting family and friends and getting the car ready to go. Only to discover that there is no way her stuff is going to fit. So borrowing my folks car for this journey.

That and my cousin in Texas lost her father 3 weeks ago and 10 days after he passed away she lost her sister. It was a flash back for me 6 years ago when hubby lost his mom on Halloween and then on Christmas Eve lost his sister. It's such a blow to heart.

Work has been intense. Being the main network admin I've had the wonderful task of tracking an employee who's been doing..well let's just say unsavory things. That was mental stress up the yang. Needless to say she is finally terminated and things are getting back to normal.

I hope everyone is doing well! I have sure missed you all. Going thru board withdrawls is tough hehe
  Re: I'm Back :) by DFen911 (Hello All![br][br]Ho...)
YEA! I'm glad you're back! I was looking at an older post and saw your avie and thought...gee where IS she?

Sorry to hear about your uncle and cousin! I've been there as well...In one year, William lost his mother, father and grandmother(He grew up with all three in the house as an only child.)

I'm glad you've been busy....less time to dwell on baby girl leaving home!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Quote:

Being the main network admin I've had the wonderful task of tracking an employee who's been doing..well let's just say unsavory things. That was mental stress up the yang. Needless to say she is finally terminated and things are getting back to normal.

My husband's company sells software that tracks, monitors, blocks, filters and reports internet usage. Glad the employee is gone and things are getting back to normal for you.

Oh, and welcome back!
Hi Denise! It's so nice to hear from you again! It sounds like you have had a very busy summer so far. A lot of us aren't on the boards as much in the summer. Is it really only 22 days now until your daughter leaves??? It seems like only last week you were saying it would be 3 months yet! It must be hard for you having her move so far away. Hang in there, we're all here for you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm Back :) by Mare749 (Hi Denise! It's so ...)
Oh Sweetie, I have missed you so much. I thought of calling a couple of times, but knew you were busy and would get back with us as soon as possible. Honey, I'm sorry to hear about your losses and keep you close in my prayers.

Slow down for a moment and do something nice for yourself, you deserve it!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm Back :) by bjcotton (Oh Sweetie, I have m...)
Billy I'll be calling you soon. Dereks' vacation schedule may be changing cause one of the Sgts. is on leave. It will still be in September. We're still not sure where we will be or exactly when. Our goal is to get on the bike and be in San Fran the first night to have dinner with Laura. After that we're just heading north.
  Re: Re: I'm Back :) by DFen911 (Billy I'll be callin...)
Awwwww right!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm Back :) by bjcotton (Awwwww right!...)
Denise - I'd noticed you hadn't posted in a while and figured the reason was vacation or getting Laura off to college. Sorry for your losses.

I'm the Icky Problems Department at my work, too. Really smart people can do some really stupid things!

Anyway, good to have you back!
  Re: Re: I'm Back :) by HomeCulinarian (Denise - I'd noticed...)
Well, haven't you had a lot on your plate lately, Denise! How sad what your family is going thru. You were missed that's for sure. Anxious to hear just when you'll be up north - just hope it isn't the weekend of the 23rd!!!!! But, you'll be on vacation, so it doesn't necessarily have to be on a weekend day when you're here/there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm Back :) by bjcotton (Awwwww right!...)
Welcome back Denise - you've been missed! I'm sorry for your cousin's loss and all the trouble at work. Gads - what a job getting a kid off to school.

Hey Billy - sounds like Oregon's going to get crowded in September!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!