Tuesday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to tonight? I'm going to try the Hot Wing Wrap recipe from the Sandwiches & Salads book though I'll be making into a salad - no wrap. I will make some garlic bread though out of the leftover bread from last night's meatball heroes.
  Re: Tuesday Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone up t...)
Mister and I are doing some stir fry - have some peppers and squash from the garden that we need to use plus some mushrooms we didn't use in our Sunday "Bar Food Brawl" - with some sticky rice - nothing fancy ~ ~
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by (Mister and I are doi...)
If I get home early, it will be Mojo Pork - it needs to brine. If I get home late, it will be grilled chicken with red pepper sauce and creamy orzo. Both are from the Weeknight Grilling book. And, both will be our first time trying either.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (If I get home early,...)
Clear liquids.....UGGG! I will live vicariously through your meal plans! I'm wanting some creamy orzo right now and I sooo want to try those wraps! I've got that one marked.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Clear liquids.....UG...)
DAPHNE!! Get away from this thread...you'll drive yourself crazy!

I know this is going to sound so upscale and ridiculous, but it is in keeping with my 'cleaning' out pantry/freezer.

I have salmon cakes, scallops in the freezer. In the pantry, I have two jars of caviar and in the fridge I have some hardcooked eggs.

So, we're cleanin' in style up here tonight...
Scallops with Caviar and Sour cream
Ina Garten's Caviar Dip topping the salmon cakes
Deviled eggs topped with caviar

Oh Lord, it's so hard to have to depend on the dregs of the freezer!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by cjs (DAPHNE!! Get away fr...)
Shame on you Jean! Cleaning IS such a drudge....In my dreams!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by cjs (DAPHNE!! Get away fr...)
Jean, your freezer is the finest in 4 states and Canada. Foolish child, why don't you wait and do this in September--Jane and I can be so creative with stuff like that. This is like purging a fine wine cellar.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by Old Bay (Jean, your freezer i...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com