Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas)
  Re: (...)
for those of you who might have copied the '0ld' serrano pesto recipe at some point (daphne), I made it this morning and decided it needed a little up date. So here is the newly revised and hopefully better recipe. Just a warning tho, serranos are hotter than Jalapenos, so please if you don't care for hotter foods, you might want to play with jalapenos instead.

[Image: crabques.jpg]

Serrano Pesto

8 medium Serrano peppers
10 medium cloves of garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup basil (not a tightly packed 1/2 cup)
3 T. cilantro
1/4 tsp. sugar
5 T. grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup + 2 T. olive oil

Roughly chop all ingredients and put in a food processor and process just until the pesto is mixed together and finely chopped. You want some texture to the pesto.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by cjs (for those of you who...)
Got it Jean, thanks. I figured if it needed anything, you'd post it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by Gourmet_Mom (Got it Jean, thanks....)
Sorry, had to edit to add the 5 T. Parmesan...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by cjs (for those of you who...)
That looks really good. May have to jazz up the ol' taste buds.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by Harborwitch (That looks really go...)
Okay...NOW I've got it...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by Gourmet_Mom (Okay...NOW I've got ...)
Not quite sure it needed updating. I liked it as it was.

To me, these changes are only an attempt to spin away from a Mexican-style flavour toward an Italian-style one and belies the original nature of the dish.

Although I love the other ingredients that have been added, it was the lack of those that had attracted me to this recipe in the first place.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by labradors (Not quite sure it ne...)
Great minds and all that - after much thot, I decided in the book I'll go with the orignal and add the alternative as an option...thanks for backing up my indecision, Lab.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by cjs (Great minds and all ...)
Quote:

...thanks for backing up my indecision, Lab.

LOL! Any time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Okay, now I must go back and save the original again...LOL! No problem...except to decide which one "sounds" the best before Saturday!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Serrano Pesto (for Crab Quesadillas) by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, now I must go ...)
Sorry Daphne....
www.achefsjourney.com